• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very good initial results with ultra 120 on conroe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Woohoo! Good news - this is my exact setup :)

Ultra-120 and po'd E6600. QUIET and FAST combo :)

it's running stock right now. I literally just finished building it. It's a step 5, which overclocks very well, but i'm not ready to screw with a $500 ES yet ;).

woot! gets even better. 25C idle today and 33C full load!

Also, my ambient temp is down to 78F.

Attachments

• conroe1.JPG
    conroe1.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
yeah I did use as5. the "half a grain of uncooked white rice" in the middle of the heatspreader.

pic:

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 360
hmmm, it appears the temp sensor is... not good? it is a very early bios. but it's the only one that works with the chip.

Yonah and Merom are MUCH MUCH cooler running than Conroe. They use low power transistors, which as the name would imply results in much lower power consumption/heat output, but do not scale as well.

For the record, I was getting basicaly 1C above ambient fully volted and loaded on Yonah on a Tuniq Tower. :p

My Conroe has never seen temps above 0 so I can't comment, though it puts very minimal load on my Prometeia when at stock. (+1-2C loaded)

Back