• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8052 on 3dmark2001!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ritteri&Bubbles

Disabled
Again no OCing at all, this score is from a clean install on Windows XP! Things are looking up, but the good thing is many of my games are now running longer than 10 minutes too!

GamersHQ » Products » ORB » 3DMark2001 Project Details

YOUR 3DMARK2001

RESULTS IN DETAIL

Project Name My Benchmark

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
DirectX Version 8.00

Mobo Manufacturer ABIT
Mobo Model 761-686B(KG7)

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 1535 Mhz
FSB 133 MHz

3D Accelerator RADEON 8500/RADEON 8500LE
Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon 8500
Driver Version 6.13.10.3286
Video Memory 64 MB

Resolution 1024x768 32bit
Texture Format 16bit
FSAA Disabled
Z-Buffer Depth 16bit
Frame Buffer Double
Rendering Pipeline D3D Pure Hardware T&L

3DMark Result 8052 3D marks

Game 1 Car Chase - Low Detail 121.9 FPS
Game 1 Car Chase - High Detail 42.9 FPS
Game 2 Dragothic - Low Detail 139.1 FPS
Game 2 Dragothic - High Detail 81.3 FPS
Game 3 Lobby - Low Detail 116.1 FPS
Game 3 Lobby - High Detail 50.2 FPS
Game 4 Nature 39.0 FPS

Fill Rate (Single-Texturing) 876.3 MTexels/s
Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing) 1930.5 MTexels/s

High Polygon Count (1 light) 33.6 MTriangles/s
High Polygon Count (8 lights) 9.7 MTriangles/s

Environment Bump Mapping 117.0 FPS
DOT3 Bump Mapping 102.6 FPS

Vertex Shader Speed 95.2 FPS
Pixel Shader Speed 121.6 FPS
Point Sprite Speed 30.4 MSprites/s

Published No

Show me a Geforce Ti500 that can score this at 100% stock speeds. Wont even come close. And as far as "ordinary" systems go, Ill put my rig up against anybodies on this BB for the most part.:p

now all you need is to cool it better and overclock it, it looks like you have spent a lot of money

believe me i know, i have similar setup but im using intel P4 and Rambus(expensive)

Cooling isnt an issue with my system. Check out the stats. I have a system blower right underneath the card expelling all the hot air, aong with another 2 intake fans blowing fresh air on it.

Similiar setup to mine with the blowers heh, anyway MOST g3 ti500's will get 8500 DEFAULT and 10'000 if overclocked well, why is your rig getting good marks? Its got loads of mem good board and cpu, i've got a choice of a ti200 or a 8500, your views? If i get one i'd like to see how our rigs fare! The ti200 is guarrented at 500mem!:burn:

actually with the newer drivers most review sites said it was pretty stable, still not nvidia quality driveres, but it s gettting there,a dn also the people who have gotten 10K+ on Gf3 have rigs s nice as R&B and overclocked the snot outta them.....once R&B starts ocing ho could probly reach 11K easily....

Nick: first off, nobody has ever scored a 10k or even an 8k with 100% stock settings on a Ti500.About 7500 DEFAULT is what you can expect, and this is with a serious rig too. I scored around 7600 with my GeForce3 Ti500. ANd ill tell you, that took some tinkering in the BIOS screen and many driver swaps. I personally pride the fact that my rig is super stable, 100% rock solid, I try and make it run like an apple computer. Before i will even try to MILDLY overclock my rig, it must pass quite a few normal tests, and since this rig is only about 3 weeks old, Im still sorting out all the settings(about a books worth too)to optimize both hardware and software. THe new ATI drivers for XP(3286) are proving to me quite quickly to be the driver breakthrough ATI has needed, they are running pretty damn good so far, well see if it makes it through the first 48 hour burn-in benchmark with zdnet, in which it is currently running on right now.

hmmm, you got 8052 right? That's about 40 under my average. No OCing either. Actually, I tried OCing the video but results were bad, so I went back to defaults. I'll take 8090 scores over instability any day! Still, ATI sure is keeping nVidia honest.

I'm getting a 8500.
YOU ARE WRONG!
Take 5 mins to look around and a LOT f ti500's get more than 8k wifout ocing, why can't you see two sides of an argument eh? AND YES 10K+ wif a ti500 HAS BEEN ACHIEVED SO HA HA HA!
See i'm sticking up for nvidia even though i'm getting a 8500, why because the 8500 is cheap and WILL eventually be the fastest card out.

Nick: really?? A Ti500 over 8k with No OCing?? Please show me the link.Make sure it points to proof where the card has no OCing.

And nick, BTW, what you do on your purchasing decision makes no real difference to me, my family owns a computer parts distribution center in NE, so my "opinion" comes from the fact that i can put into my computer whatever part I want, as money IS NO OBJECT when it comes to hardware. I too have a Ti500 in the drawer, as I find it has its own advantages, but I myself am starting to find the groove with the 8500, it may be the "sleeper" giant that is expected. ANd when set right, does some incredible things.:beer:

nick_cw said:
I'm getting a 8500.
YOU ARE WRONG!
Take 5 mins to look around and a LOT f ti500's get more than 8k wifout ocing, why can't you see two sides of an argument eh? AND YES 10K+ wif a ti500 HAS BEEN ACHIEVED SO HA HA HA!
See i'm sticking up for nvidia even though i'm getting a 8500, why because the 8500 is cheap and WILL eventually be the fastest card out.

Believe me he likes the Ti500 too :)

nick_cw said:
I'm getting a 8500.
YOU ARE WRONG!

actually he said that 10K on a Ti500 hasnt been achieved at stock settings......without overclocking....

Again, you show me a link with an overclocked system(No AMD processor runs at 1750 currently), and this score is only 7700, I asked for a Geforce3 Ti500 that scores OVER 8K that is not overclocked in anyway shape or form. Better yet show me one that gets over 8k, is not overclocked in any way, AND runs Windows XP!

Here are my latest scores BTW, as usual NO OVERCLOCKING AT ALL. THis is an 8085, and remember I am using ECC REGISTERED RAM which actually decreases scoring.

GamersHQ » Products » ORB » 3DMark2001 Project Details

YOUR 3DMARK2001

RESULTS IN DETAIL

Project Name My Benchmark

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
DirectX Version 8.00

Mobo Manufacturer ABIT
Mobo Model 761-686B(KG7)

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 1535 Mhz
FSB 133 MHz

3D Accelerator RADEON 8500/RADEON 8500LE
Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon 8500
Driver Version 6.13.10.3286
Video Memory 64 MB

Resolution 1024x768 32bit
Texture Format 16bit
FSAA Disabled
Z-Buffer Depth 16bit
Frame Buffer Double
Rendering Pipeline D3D Pure Hardware T&L

3DMark Result 8085 3D marks

Game 1 Car Chase - Low Detail 122.8 FPS
Game 1 Car Chase - High Detail 42.9 FPS
Game 2 Dragothic - Low Detail 138.6 FPS
Game 2 Dragothic - High Detail 82.2 FPS
Game 3 Lobby - Low Detail 116.6 FPS
Game 3 Lobby - High Detail 50.5 FPS
Game 4 Nature 39.0 FPS

Fill Rate (Single-Texturing) 874.6 MTexels/s
Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing) 1926.2 MTexels/s

High Polygon Count (1 light) 33.7 MTriangles/s
High Polygon Count (8 lights) 9.7 MTriangles/s

Environment Bump Mapping 117.3 FPS
DOT3 Bump Mapping 102.6 FPS

Vertex Shader Speed 95.5 FPS
Pixel Shader Speed 121.8 FPS
Point Sprite Speed 30.3 MSprites/s

Published No

Get your 8500 to beat 7082 when your cpu's @ 1.3ghz and you have 256mb ram, then i'll shut up.:mad:

P.S. I edited this as I was mad when I said it! Don't worry mods it was only stars!

Last edited:
nick_cw said:
I'm getting a 8500.
YOU ARE WRONG!

Nick,

If you had been part of this forum a while ago you would have seen that Ritteri&Bubbles had a Ti500 video card in his machine. He was totally pro but he has been giving the 8500 a test to see if it gets his vote.

The guy knows what he is talking about, and what he says is pretty much dead on.

Ti500 are scoring on average in the low 8000 range , he is right there , very few if any have done 10K without being overclocked and on an overclocked machine. Things must be done at default to see the real picture.

Cisco Kid
:rolleyes:

Sorry I got a bit carried away there and no offense was intended.
I was just stating that I have seen many ti500's not oc'ed hit 8K.
Just to show you I am sane I have just ordered a 8500. :D

Can you oc your 8500 to 300/600 then tell me what score you get without the cpu oc'ed?

Back