• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800nu Vs x800xl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

I got a buddy who has an x800xl and hes looking to get rid of it. I got this 6800nu that has all 16pipes unlocked and runs decent, but I want something better. Yes, im stuck with agp for now.

Decent upgrade or my other option is to hold out for a 7800gs. Also whats going used price for this card right now?

--pak

The x800xl should be faster than a 6800nu with 16pp, but I think the difference is negligible, I think you'd need something like an x850xt to see a big difference.

I've seen some new x850xt's on Newegg for $140 after rebate... x800xl should be like $10-15 cheaper.

dan

thx for reply. anyone wanna add or did he pin the tail on the donkey?

--pak

Really not enough difference to warrant changing between the 68nu and the X800xl, The Xl was right in line with the 68gt, I still have a 68nu laying around that also unlocked, And we have a 68gt in the wifes computer, There really isn't a huge difference between the unlocked 68nu and the 68gt.

Back