• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 1.5... stinky!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miss winnie

Registered
sigh... I bough my cpu just about 2 months ago and i'm finidn it a pain! i't so slow!!!! and it always freeze grrrrrr this is makin gme mad.. I spent so much on it and the point is that I got ripped off too haha:( :mad:

Miss winnie said:
sigh... I bough my cpu just about 2 months ago and i'm finidn it a pain! i't so slow!!!! and it always freeze grrrrrr this is makin gme mad.. I spent so much on it and the point is that I got ripped off too haha:( :mad:

Are you really using a P4 1.5? kidding.. right? something tells me you are joking but I could be wrong.. :beer: :burn:

eeeeee

i'm serious! it's so stupid! always freeze I wished I got a hammer and smashed it up and buy a new one haha... sigh..:(

Re: eeeeee

Miss winnie said:
i'm serious! it's so stupid! always freeze I wished I got a hammer and smashed it up and buy a new one haha... sigh..:(

How do you know its the P4 though..
People here with the P4's have had a really good overclock with them and had no problems I really doubt it is the chip and thats it is some internal problem.

.. Your missing the point that the P4 always doesn't have to do with a bad performance it could be some internal conflicts.

Could it be a temp problem???
My avatar says it all. I will allow an Intel only if its free!:D

Now seriously, what temp you got and what other specs? Like motherboard, video card, memory, etc.

man, i seriously doubt that you problem is with the P4

the freezing your having can be driver problems to memory problems

not saying it couldn't be your chip, but untill you eliminate other things its like a needle in a hay stack

my question to you is, are you mad that it keeps freezing or dissapointed that its not running as fast as you thought it would?

or both

also, whats it freezing on, benchmarks, games, or in general

so many possibilities

i have 2 P4's and they run just as good as most comps

DELL 1.4
Abit 1.7

i even hit 6680 in 3dmarks2001, and no overclocking with default settings

thats pretty good if you ask me from a stock computer

http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?1656911

Last edited:
one quick question, you are using pc 800 RDRAM right?

becasue i had pc 600 in my comp at first and i had similar problems

i wanted to throw it out the window

it made a huge difference

I was thinking about this after reading the posts and i noticed you had bought the chip. So i guess you put in yourself? I never heard of anyone complaining about P4 chips freezing for no reason except maybe a problem elsewhere on the computer. But anyways here is my question. Knowing you put the chip in yourself did it come with a heatsink and fan? Hopefully you didn't buy an OEM without those needed items! Just wondering!

Re: eeeeee

Miss winnie said:

Hey now, that's no joke. I just did that to a Compaq! I came across a P166 that a college was gonna toss, so I took it and combined some of the parts from the Compaq (like it's P200 processor) and made once decent computer for my mom. Then I OCed it to 225 (come on, you think I could let this go without OCing it???). Runs great now. Anyway, I took the old mobo from the Compaq and smashed the crap out of it. Put it out of it's misery. A fitting end, that's what I say. I'll post a pic of it as soon as the battery in my digital camera recharges.

hehe that's a good idea.. But my comp is newly bought.. so the parts can't be tat bad.. I mean GeForce TnT 2.. ok so it's old.. but it's not that bad.. dont' understand why it is so unstable.. and I use Bus Ram:mad:

Back