• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Day of Defeat Source Free Weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes just use your steam account and download the game and it will be activated for the weekend. I personally love DoD:S more then CS. If you haven't played it give it a try you might like it.

:O as soon as i saw this i ran upstairs to install on my computer :D

installing as we speak, pity it only lasts till monday though

is this game better than what the Gamespot review of 8.1 said? has valve made any serious updates/additions to the game since release?

i use to play the older Halflife versions and it seemed decent minus the horrible graphics and terrible models.

ill give it a try.

SteveLord said:
is this game better than what the Gamespot review of 8.1 said? has valve made any serious updates/additions to the game since release?

i use to play the older Halflife versions and it seemed decent minus the horrible graphics and terrible models.

ill give it a try.
its awesome..

Attachments

• dod_anvil0003.jpg
    dod_anvil0003.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 262
SteveLord said:

I really enjoy the gameplay. It seems to have all the good elements that I like from CSS and yet has some charactaristics like you'd find in BF2 or UT2004. I think 8/10 is a fair rating. The one thing that bugs me it does crash a lot for me when I open it, like once every four times.

Hey redrumy, why didn't you post that screenie of me pwning your n00b @SS? ;) :bday:

Wow, for never playing it before, I do pretty good, I averaged on the first session I played a 2:3 death ratio. Its like a cleaned up version of CS:S, not having to buy money is refreshing, and the accuracy model isnt screwed to hell either.

lol, not bragging here, but i actually owned everyone (you know, until they decided to do like 8 against 2)

its so fun. i dont think ill buy it though, because its not really a very big game

bobthemoo said:
lol, not bragging here, but i actually owned everyone

I believe you. It seems like the overall talent level of the players is lower than CSS for example. Maybe it's due to the weapon's recoil, it's much more severe than CSS and if you don't know how to control your firing, the gun will get away from you.

But not a "big" game? I'm not sure what you mean. Sure the maps aren't massive, but they are well suited. And there are plenty of custom maps. As for weapons, you don't get the choices you get with CSS, but it's on par with BF2.

Just for the weekend????

that sux. needs to be likke a week or something.

I'm working this weekend & don't have the time.

This game is great, its currently the only game I really play now. I hated it at first, because I was used to the original DOD. It's really a different game, but its a damn good game when you get used to it. It does get annoying with the cone of fire in all the guns, and random guy that gets a spray HS on you. It's the only game you can sneak up behind someone shoot at them and they can turn around and kill you if they are lucky. The kill to death rations are never really high, I went about 100 to 10 or so once or twice when I was the only sniper on a server limited to one sniper. I usually end up between 1.5:1 or 2:1 though. If I snipe, then I get 2-3:1 normally.

The kar98 in this one is really inaccurate but they do have an iron sight mode that makes it close to perfect accuracy. It's not like original in the respect you cant pick off people with the kar without ironsights and go 10 in 1 easily.

If you want an accurate unscoped/no ironsights rifle, you have to go rocket on allies and use your secondary carbine. It rules, but only 3 clips.

Just warning if you try the game you will buy it. :)

i shall play this game nonstop untill the free thing is over and then i shall go buy it lol its really easy to me lol.

pshh damarable we was on same team ;)

and yea you can own like theres no tomorrow in this game

there was more ppl in that server just everyone was dropping since my team was owning (as in me)

Attachments

• dod_donner0010.JPG
    dod_donner0010.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 197
I think later this month I will buy it. I bought Sin Episode 1 today, mostly becuase I wanted the original sin game :D That and Prey comes out next week, and I need to save for that :D

Back