• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 boxes on same wu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

belorsch

Folding Monk
I thought I saw this mentioned in another thread somewhere. Is it possible to have mulitple boxes working on the same wu to finish it in a quicker time frame. I have a 200mmx working on a villin and foldmonitor is estimating completion time at 10 days which I know is outside the time spec. So is there a way to have a second pc crunching on the same wu in order to get inside the time frame? TIA and Fold On:burn:

The only thing I've heard of is people doing work on the slower box for a few days and then moving the work over to a directory in a faster box and finishing it up there. You would also need the same client.cfg for the whole protein to get credit. From what I understand the time limits have been suspended for now so you could probably finish out the work on the slower machine. There should be a setup(That's what Vijay said anyway ;) ) in the near future that gives out smaller wu's for slower systems.

That would be great!

Hey I might be able to throw another box online then. I have a 133 that might finish a villin by New Year's:beer:

Once I get a NIC and a cable, I have a Pentium 166@200 that I'll be throwing up.... I'm kinda sad that I sold my Epox MVP3G2.... I wish I had it back now because I could take the 166 to 300 MHz with it and an Intel FCPGA P3 cooler with a YS Tech 27 fan on it.... I sold the board because I thought that even at 250 (which is what I ran it at most of the time) it wouldn't finish a WU on time, and now that time limits are gone... :(

Oh well, I took that cash and got a DDR board for my Duron. and I've managed to scrounge an old VX chipset AT mobo for the 166, but all I can clock it up to is 200.. might try CPUFSB on it. Anyway.... let's get those old boxes folding!!

SickBoy

Back