• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G. Skill RMA is great

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hainer36

My friend had problems with his TCCD, wouldnt boot, and if it did, windows would crash, so i did some Memtest on it and it failed miserably. So i cantact G. Skill and they say send it in and they'll replace it. I sent in the one stick that was acting up, they told me they needed both sticks, so after taking it awa from my friend (he had to go with 384mb of ram now, i laughed at him :D) and they told me that the TCCD ram is out of production, so they will send me a 2GBHZ kit. Now i was thinking okay, maybe this will be as good as TCCD, and then upon further review, I realized, ITS GONNA BE A 2GB KIT! So instead of his old 1Gb TCCD, their sending some of the best 2GB kit out there. And too boot, the ram i sent to them is taking forever to get there, and we are keeping in touch via emails, and they told me that they are going to send out the 2GB kit on Monday whether or not they recieve the other stick. Now thats great customer service! On top of all that, the one guy i was talking to was emailing me from home on his July 4th weekend! I barely do work when im at work, and these guys are so commited they do it on their time off. Makes me happy. :D

That makes me glad that I chose G. Skill ram for my moms pc upgrade (some of their 2gb value pc3200 stuff, baught from classifieds) and that I have gskill for my main rig as well. One question, did they ask you for a reciept?

hainer36 said:
My friend had problems with his TCCD, wouldnt boot, and if it did, windows would crash, so i did some Memtest on it and it failed miserably. So i cantact G. Skill and they say send it in and they'll replace it. I sent in the one stick that was acting up, they told me they needed both sticks, so after taking it awa from my friend (he had to go with 384mb of ram now, i laughed at him :D) and they told me that the TCCD ram is out of production, so they will send me a 2GBHZ kit. Now i was thinking okay, maybe this will be as good as TCCD, and then upon further review, I realized, ITS GONNA BE A 2GB KIT! So instead of his old 1Gb TCCD, their sending some of the best 2GB kit out there. And too boot, the ram i sent to them is taking forever to get there, and we are keeping in touch via emails, and they told me that they are going to send out the 2GB kit on Monday whether or not they recieve the other stick. Now thats great customer service! On top of all that, the one guy i was talking to was emailing me from home on his July 4th weekend! I barely do work when im at work, and these guys are so commited they do it on their time off. Makes me happy. :D

That's great news to hear, man. I guess that I can now add them to my list of preferred memory vendors. After all, the greatest products in the world aren't worth a damn unless the support is there too.

Wow, not only when I got my G.Skill 2gig kit it was one of the cheapest, but they have great customer support. :) Will buy there ram again next year when it comes time for DDR2.

They did ask for a recipet, I did tell them that I bought them from a friend (g0dM@n), and they said it was no problem, it happens all the time

which is amazing that they would do that... look out OCZ :p

i second that.

i had issues with THAT EXACT 2GB kit. i sent to em and they sent back a replacement and all is good now.

Corsair and GSkill are good in my books for memory RMAs now.

that's really good to know, we need more customer services like them. Happy to hear it turned out good for you.

alright, after a lenghty wait a few things happened

#1 my stick of ram never made it to them, DAM CANADAPOST!
#2 they ran out of stock on the ram, so they waited for more to come in to ship it to me
#3 it was sent out today
#4 VIA FEDEX!!!! so now the waiting game is on if i have to pay a brokerage fee on the ram

fhpchris said:
Mushkin would never do what Gskill did for you...

I will tell The Gskill rep that he is impressing people ;)

mushkin i will never ever buy a product made by them poor rma service and rude employes

Thats good to hear g.skill has good support they also have good prices.

Ocz has been this good to me also i had some pc4000vx that was messed up and they sent me some plat 4200 tccd sticks that rocked.

IT CAME TODAY! :D

no fee from FedEx either, so all is good, man they look good

just goes to show ya, some good customers service will get you a long way, and eventually more customers if someone blabs about it :p

Back