Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Chair

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 07-09-06, 06:31 PM Thread Starter   #1
perfectturmoil

Chair

When sitting in a normal computer chair (office chair, etc) I get really uncomfortable. I am, overall, a very hot person - to be comfortable, I need to be in VERY cool temperatures, and even then I still may sweat. So, Sitting infront of a computer in a normal chair tends to lead to some 'swamp-rear' (keepin it PG :- p )

What can you suggest? I would like a chair that would let my booty breath really well, so I wouldn't be so warm all the time. I'm actually considering trying to find a large framed chair and a hammock, and making a net to sit in.. Are there any products out there (even more expensive ones are worth considering, I guess) that might help me? Thanks!
perfectturmoil is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-09-06, 07:07 PM   #2
JerkasaurusRex

10 Year Badge

How about not wearing pants or wearing pants and no underwear? Seems to work for me. Underwear and socks are evil in the summer time. Just insulation on your body you do not need.

0 = n - n
JerkasaurusRex is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-09-06, 09:31 PM   #3
ilikepie

I just use a fan. Or you can buy one of these. It doesnt look comfortable but people that sat on one of them say it is. Its mesh type stuff for "ventilation" BUT its about $800 for one

2x512 Ram 3-4-4-8
x1650pro
Fsp Ax450-pn
ilikepie is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-09-06, 09:47 PM   #4
Evnas

Sit naked at the chair and just buy one of those little personal fans, make a kit to strap it to your thigh and turn her on...keeps everything cool and in working order

disclaimer: I am in no way resposible for loss of any body parts due to incorrect fan placement. thank you
Evnas is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-09-06, 09:53 PM   #5
TommyHolly

I use a mesh chair. There isnt much material behind me. the base of the chair is really quite large and it has nice big foam armrests, (That I have to tape up because the foam wears down). Also it has big rollerblade type wheels.

The best part though is the mesh because it is so cool. You can see right through it and air can blow through. I bought it at Office Max or Office Depot for $100 on sale 3 years ago.

Old 07-09-06, 09:57 PM   #6
lemings

Lol for some reason this thread reminds me of...

"Im out there Jerry and I'm lovin every minute of it" - Cosmo

WD Cav x2/Raptor/T7k250||||||||||||Dell 2209WAx2
GA-EX58-UD5||||||||||||Asus Xonar Essence STX
PC Power & Cooling 600watt||||||||||||Sennheiser HD280
lemings is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-06, 12:14 AM   #7
FudgeNuggets

errrrmmmm uh, I hate office chairs, I'm sitting in a wingback now and LOVE it as a computer desk chair, plus I use an adirondack when I play games and yfind that very comfortable as well. You may like the adirondack as there are slats in it for ventilation but it is not good at a desk because it sits pretty low.
FudgeNuggets is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-06, 03:24 AM   #8
mage_x

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHolly
I use a mesh chair. There isnt much material behind me. the base of the chair is really quite large and it has nice big foam armrests, (That I have to tape up because the foam wears down). Also it has big rollerblade type wheels.

The best part though is the mesh because it is so cool. You can see right through it and air can blow through. I bought it at Office Max or Office Depot for $100 on sale 3 years ago.
Heh, you just described my chair exactly. I have the same problem with the arm rest as well. We probably have the same chair.
mage_x is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-06, 07:51 AM   #9
benbaked
Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member

in the summertime there is an unwritten rule to wash your a** a minimum of twice a day. that should help.

ASUS Maximus Hero VI | i7-4770K | EVGA 680GTX FTW | G-Skill Trident X 2x8GB DDR3 | Crucial M500 480GB
ASUS Maximus Formula SE | QX6700 | Gigabyte 4350 | OCZ Gold 2x4GB DDR2 | Intel X25-M 80GB
PS4 | Wii U | Xbox 360 (Zephyr) with WD3200BEVT 320GB | PS3 fat with WD1600BEVT 160GB | HBC-equipped Wii

The Chronicles of OCF Rosetta

StaTek is my hero.

R.I.P. Adak, OldSkool, pscout
benbaked is offline Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-06, 10:02 AM   #10
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbaked
in the summertime there is an unwritten rule to wash your a** a minimum of twice a day. that should help.
I'm doubting very much that he's sitting, buck naked, while he's typing out his post. [Do not feel free to correct me if I am wrong]
Frodo Baggins is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-06, 10:27 AM   #11
benbaked

naked or not, the rule still stands.

ASUS Maximus Hero VI | i7-4770K | EVGA 680GTX FTW | G-Skill Trident X 2x8GB DDR3 | Crucial M500 480GB
ASUS Maximus Formula SE | QX6700 | Gigabyte 4350 | OCZ Gold 2x4GB DDR2 | Intel X25-M 80GB
PS4 | Wii U | Xbox 360 (Zephyr) with WD3200BEVT 320GB | PS3 fat with WD1600BEVT 160GB | HBC-equipped Wii

StaTek is my hero.

benbaked is offline Folding Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-06, 10:30 AM   #12
mage_x

10 Year Badge

Since I only take one shower per day, what is the best possible way to wash my ass twice per day? If I used soap, it would be hard to rinse the soap off during the second ass cleaning since I wouldn't be in the shower. Should I just use some kind of moist towelette, then dry my ass off with a paper towel?
mage_x is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-06, 10:40 AM   #13
benbaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mage_x
Should I just use some kind of moist towelette, then dry my ass off with a paper towel?
that sounds like an excellent idea, but the paper towel might be a little rough. could just take two showers.

StaTek is my hero.

Old 07-10-06, 10:41 AM   #14
twoeyes

loose weight.
twoeyes is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-06, 10:42 AM Thread Starter   #15
perfectturmoil

Haha.. Yeah.. I definitely tend to be a 2 shower a day kinda guy.. Sometimes even more.. And I have a strong suspicion that my roommate would not appreciate me sitting naked in our dorm room ;- ]

Fans are great, but I still suffer the same problem.. Hell.. I suffer the same even when the air conditioning is on.. Its just the insulation the chair provides with my back..

I get the same thing in the car.. I REALLY wish I had a way to solve this there.. cause I can't just stand up for a minute when I'm driving around (and I drive a LOT).

So that 800 dollar chair looks interesting.. But for 800 bucks, I think I'd rather buy stock in an ice company and just sit on that ;- ]
Old 07-10-06, 10:45 AM Thread Starter   #16
perfectturmoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeyes
loose weight.
That'd be nice :- ] I'm not in great shape, but I'm far from being in terrible shape.. I could stand to skinny out a bit..

But to be honest, that still wouldn't help this situation. Back in high school, when I WAS in good shape from wrestling, and after the season when I was just able to go back to normal life, I still had the same problem.. I think I was just built to live at the north pole ;- ]
Old 07-10-06, 12:31 PM   #17
four4875

use copper sponge stuff for cusions, and then line the bottom of them with TECs and HSFs!

i tend to get quite sweaty as well, i havnt found a solution aside from crankin the AC.

oh, and if you get dehydrated enough, youll stop sweating. but that would be VERY unhealthy.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.