• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTD? cusl2-c, 600 celeron, and pc-133 running @ 600/100 only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamefan

2nd pc; semi-intelligent questions; more specific info if req'd.

I bought, acquired this hw, but never learned how to use it. I am trying to get the ram to 133 MHz. A little more MHz out of the 600 celeron cpu would be nice. Its currently got the Intel heat sink/fan it cam w/ w/ box?! I thought it would be default to highest ram setting if possible (133MHz).

Q1) Do you have to overclock the cpu to get the ram from 100 to 133, and will a 600 celeron cpu do it? Is this a dependant on getting my cpu to 600x 1.33=800 Mhz?

I've got all 3 mem slots filled. The (newish) BIOS says "SDRAM capability 133", but "SDRAM Operating Mode 100".

Q2) Is it possible to have the "SDRAM capability 133" line, but not have the capability i.e maybe not all 3 sticks in the slots have it, and its teasing me?

I already tried setting the following; it ran windows & all, then I had to let it cool down I guess after sloow boot/non-boot(I thought I fried it), but I didn't see "SDRAM Operating Mode 133" on subsequent boot. Now back to defaults:

Manual, & 801
9x
66:100:33
89/133/44

gimme a clue. Its not like I haven't tried to figure this out. I think I'm just missing the basics. I've read dozens of reviews and permutations/combinations of keywords.
p.s I've also got a newer pc with bigger problems that are too late to fix, another Asus board (P4C800E-D) , Zalman 7000Cu, Stealth and MH coolers, dual Raptors, Enermax, OCZ PC4200 Dual kit, and million other things, but I put a 2.6C in it: not the 2.4C, so I can can't go DDR560, I'm even at 400 for now! I deserve a break here. I'm trying to OC. really.

I deserve a break

I can actually get it to about DDR480 stably. I'm likely to do this fumbling again sometime in the future with my fourth Asus board, or worse, never at all. You guys gotta have a comment for me.

there might be a problem with using all slots..

I remember reading something about not using the three slots or you can't use PC133 memory.. I have the same board and have two 256MB sticks in two slots.. actually this is the only thing I hate about this mobo.. only 512MB of max memory.. this and the fact that i can't go beyond 147MHz on it's FSB.

I think the Celeron is a 100MHz bus so u can select 100/133/33 from the FSB/Mem/PCI ratios in the bios..

Back