• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transliteration Library (Java)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Hey guys :) I just got done writing a ruidimentary transliteration library in Java. Originally I was just trying to rewrite a 1337->English translator I finished in May, but after seeing the similarities to transliterating languages (e.g., between Romanji and Japanese) I decided to go the extra mile and move most of the classes to act as a library.

Included as sample code are are a 1337 -> English transliterator and a transliterator capable of getting its decipher table (for letter conversion), decode table (for word conversion), and dictionary (for word confirmation) from files. "Main" classes ("n00bify" and "Transliterate") for both of the transliterators are provided as well for some idea of how everything hooks together.

It's far from polished, and the FileTextTransliterator is a bit too stupid to be of much "real" use (it does a mediocre job at romanji -> hiragana), but I think the library has potential if anybody ever needs someting for the task. Released under the LGPL so fewer worries about what you can use it with :)

You can get a .ZIP containing the source, javadoc, and a .jar set up to run the the class n00bify (since its the best sample app I have) from here. I also started a thread about the n00bify app itself here if you want to make any comments on it (instead of the library).

JigPu

Can't find the file you sepecified

hi, I want to start work on transliteration in my language (urdu), tried to download library you specified but couldn't find, possibly due to long time has been removed... would you mind to spend sometime here online to give a basic idea, would be thankful to you ... it would be a great great help!:)

Sorry about that. The source was taken down a while back. I did manage to find a copy of it in some of my old files though, so I've gone ahead and attached it to this message. I don't think its the newest version (I was fairly sure I had Japanese -> romanji as mentioned in the first message) and don't know how helpful it'll be, but here it is :)

JigPu

Attachments

• n00bify.zip
    925.2 KB · Views: 75
Back