• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing Options: 7/16"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sunrunner20 said:
I'm wondering what the standard options for 7/16" tubing are. I've been out of the "loop"(Ha Ha Ha) for a while and I seem to recal that MasterKleer 7/16" was the accepted standard. So, I'm thinking of using 7/16ID 3/8OD tubing from mcmaster (http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.AS...hDtlLink&fasttrack=False&searchstring=5233K44)
Any tips?
The best is Tygon 7/16"id 5/8"od R-3603 tubing. It cost more than MasterKlear so it is a matter of what you are willing to spend. JMO

nikhsub1 said:

Wait, whats QTF? MasterKleer is pretty good too! I've never been able to compare it to Tygon but its durable, doesnt kink easy, very flexible, and McMaster had it to me my house in 11 hours O_O

ziggo0 said:
Wait, whats QTF? MasterKleer is pretty good too! I've never been able to compare it to Tygon but its durable, doesnt kink easy, very flexible, and McMaster had it to me my house in 11 hours O_O
QFT = "Quoted For Truth" or, ehhm "Quite *#*#*#* True" depending on your mindset :D

Masterkleer is OK, but tends to fog up (white film) very quickly. Tygon is much more supple and chemicle resistant and I have no issue forking over the extra dough for it.

nikhsub1 said:
QFT = "Quoted For Truth" or, ehhm "Quite *#*#*#* True" depending on your mindset :D

Masterkleer is OK, but tends to fog up (white film) very quickly. Tygon is much more supple and chemicle resistant and I have no issue forking over the extra dough for it.
does mcmaster sell the 7/16 tygon?

nikhsub1 said:

I know what QFT means but you said QTF...T & F backwards?

sunrunner20 said:
Where is the tygon aviable?

McMaster, I know they sell it. Go through the step by step process: Plastic tubing->OD->ID, and it should be listed there with masterkleer.

sunrunner20 said:
The only one they sell (it seems) can't be used with water. :confused:
Really??

lemme find the one i was thinking of

edit: found it, you're right... tubing will crack?

wow?

nikhsub1 said:

hmmm..I've been running my 7/16 Masterkleer for 3 mos. I redid my loop after 2 weeks when tiny spots were appearing on my tubing. I shortened my loop and moved the res so I could monitor it easier. I put about 1/8 cup of Purogene - http://aerosafe.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=33&customernumber=&=SID#MOREINFO - in my loop of Distilled and it's been crystal ever since.

I kind of ignored what "ID" and "OD" meant when I was trying to buy my liquid cooling components, but what are ID and OD?

My guess is Inside Diameter, and Outside Diameter...

Back