• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG LOWEST PRICED E6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
You got me all excited :(. It's a E6400 :(.
like i said though check that froggle link. is cleary says e6600 @$250 and if you click the froggle link it takes you to a e6300. thats a bait and switch.

Nandro said:
I dont know if I would be too keen on buying from that place if I am seeing it correctly.
well its posted on froggle they would have to honor the price, they missed linked it though. wonder how many orders @$250 it would take before someone changed it.lol

They have it marked correctly at their site, sounds like Froogles mistake to me.. That and it's out of stock.

Would have been nice thou. I can't wait to see how low AMD prices go once these are officially for sale everywhere. If they go low enough to beat the e6600 I'll stick with AMD. Iv'e been wanting to build a new rig for years, and they next few months look good for cpu/mb/ram upgrades.

http://www.gamepyre.com/reviewsd.html?aid=753&p=1

posted today. The AM2 does okay besting the Conroe 6700 and 6800 in some cases and losing in others by a big margin. Super PI times cut down large with the Conroe, I think the tests were done with cpus at stock speed.

Price is nice on the 6700, still too much for me. I will remain AMD for now but the Intel stuff looks good. It will be interesting to see a comparison of say the 6400 vs 4200 AM2. I personally think they will be fairly close. Really comes down to how much disposable cash you have in your jeans.

Cisco Kid said:
http://www.gamepyre.com/reviewsd.html?aid=753&p=1

posted today. The AM2 does okay besting the Conroe 6700 and 6800 in some cases and losing in others by a big margin. Super PI times cut down large with the Conroe, I think the tests were done with cpus at stock speed.

Price is nice on the 6700, still too much for me. I will remain AMD for now but the Intel stuff looks good. It will be interesting to see a comparison of say the 6400 vs 4200 AM2. I personally think they will be fairly close. Really comes down to how much disposable cash you have in your jeans.

I have a E6400 pre-ordered so you will see it first hand right here at OCForums. Nothing but custom WC for me. I learned today that E6400 are not Conroe, they are Allendale core.

know whats wierd
i thought 6400 was 2mb..but looks to be 4, if thats the case id get that over the 6600

d94 said:
know whats wierd
i thought 6400 was 2mb..but looks to be 4, if thats the case id get that over the 6600

Were did you see the retail E6400 was going to have 4MB cache? It has 2MB, some of the ES's might have had 4.

miss info sent out unless intel really changed what the L2 cache is on the low-end ones. Im still going to say they are 2mb reguardless of what is posted at there site. Given that alot of places have "tiny print" about changes being made to products without notice to customers.

ECH said:
most sites have C2D pulled. I wonder why?
well some have stock of some of the cpu's such as newegg did. They got slaped hardcore by intel cause intel doesnt want it out yet. They set there release date @24-27th. You would be mad to if something you made for mass market was being sold already when you wanted it released with plenty in stock at stores.

Back