• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help ASAP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireandice

Over night my thermal printer drivers for my store are vanashing on windows XP Pro. The usb drivers for it say unknowen davice andi have to reinstall them. does anyone know what this could be from?

This is a known problem. The problem is already known to occur randomly with a self-powered USB hub.

If it's connected to a self-powered USB hub, reset the USB hub by unlugging the USB hub power cord and the USB cable connected to USB hub from the USB hub then replug them back in. Be prepared to do this after every certain number of boots. :(

Windows likes to do that after I have been rebooting, including if you have been turning the PC off then turning the PC back on.

If the PC was on when this problem occured, check the printer power connector.

it was pluged into the usb ports on the mobo. after reinstalling it and changeing all the passwords. the old computer guy i baleaved to of been doing it and shuting the computers down at night there hasent been any more of those problems.

he was by his self 1 day at night till 3am alone so i baleave he has a key why i changed the passwords and he knwos for haveing alot of problems when he works and when they said they dident need him last time all the problems stoped. so i still think it was him.

Back