• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i get rid of condensation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uhh, you have condensation with rad cooled water cooling? Something is not right. Seems you have a LEAK and not condensation,

learning curve said:
do you mean droplets on the inside of the res above the water level ?

exactly...also i seem to notice one of my plugs for the res is leaking a bit..can i fix that with some of that special glue? now i just put a bit of toiletpaper beneath it :D

by plug i mean barb(sorry for the bad english)

its a dangerden dual 5 1/4" bay reservoir(and the company that sent me the barbs included 2 different barbs(the leaking one doesnt have a rubber thingy around it, think thats why it leaks)

ill post a pic asap

Drinkyoghurt said:
the company that sent me the barbs included 2 different barbs

ill post a pic asap
Please show a pick of both barbs. I would like to see if they possibly sent you 2 different styles of barbs. The second one may have a tapered thread and Not require a o-ring but teflon tape would suffice.

synthetic_fenix said:
it looks like you need to take the one on the right back off and install an o-ring
This is how I would fix it. No other way but to drain it and add a o-ring.:shrug: Sorry I know this is not what you wanted to hear.

if you spill a lot use a big bucket, or here is a good alternative to your issue since the problem is with the reservoir.

1. syphon out the fluid in your reservoir.

2. If you can't pull the reservoir backwards into the computer, then clamp off the two lines and remove them from their barb, have a cup or something to catch what little fluid their might be left in.

3. take barb off and install o-ring, re-install reservoir and put tubes back onto barbs and fill res back up.

on a side note, I can't help but think about why in the name of what is overclocked in this world did you install without leak testing?

i did install it with leak testing....though i didnt find this leak untill after it was installed *doh hits himself on the head*

but it seems the pattex finally did its job...no more leaks :D

still condensation though...any ways to get rid off it?

Last edited:
Drinkyoghurt said:
i did install it with leak testing....though i didnt find this leak untill after it was installed *doh hits himself on the head*

but it seems the pattex finally did its job...no more leaks :D

still condensation though...any ways to get rid off it?

you don't really need too... my tee-line gets it too. It probably doesn't effect performance much.

If you're really bent on getting it out, fill up the res to the top.

the res is a dual bay...though i think that would also help me get rid of the sound problem...sounds like a little waterfall(sometimes makes me wanna ****)

but you cant hear it when you game/play music(play music the whole time)
i need some more innovatek pro(spilled alot).....good thing bout the innovatek pro is that u can use tap water

Back