• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better CPU Setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

My current setup (see sig) is a 2.4ghz @ 3.2ghz at FSB 267, do you think I would benefit changing my cpu to the 3.0ghz Prescott and overclock it to 3.75 (average I seen people overclock it) or more, though making my memory run at a lower FSB to achieve that 3.75 ghz + overclock. The OEM chip for that 3.0 ghz has gone down to $110 average. Quote from soomeone who has this cpu "EO stepping. 3.0GHz overclocked to 4.2GHz. Running 24/7 at 4 GHz on 1.4375 VCore" - hope I can get this high overclock. What do you think, good move or not? I think my current heatsink is still good enough to handle that heat...

dja2k

Doesnt sound like its worth the money to me.. If you canf ind a used one perhaps for under 100 and you sell your other processor to make up fo rit maybe.. but other wise you would see more performance by saving up and getting a new plateform system, Like socket AM2, or 775 conroe. Thats my two cents though. I know others will have other opinons.

you would need a bigger bump in speed to notice it in games. If i were in your shoes i would do what eclipse said.

Back