• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everything worked fine, then one day I pressed power button, nothing at all

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

immersion

Registered
I built a system about 6 months back, D 930, P4WD2-P, OCZ PowerStream 520w.

Everything was working fine a few days ago, now I press power button and get nothing. I have narrowed it down to the PSU. I tried a diffrent cable, power socket, and tried the jumper trick. Nothing at all. Now I'm out of ideas and I think I'll have to get a bigger PSU. I've had my 930 3.0ghz on 520w OCZ PSU, OC'd to 3.6ghz. It's been running like that for a few months.

Could someone suggest the best PSU out there for OC'ing intel chips? Something with plenty of power to last for awhile. I've got several fans and stuff in my case too. I'm hoping to order a new PSU real quick here, as I don't have another PC and need it up and running again. Once I find out which one, I'll order.

Thanks a lot!

have you tried unplugging the PSU from everything inside the case and see if it will turn on seperately?

Same problem here. Press the button and nothing. I can hear the fan or something power up but nothing besides that. It seems like a lot of Powerstream PSU are going bad. Good thing I had all my school crap backed up.

Back