• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MX1000 is getting flaky - its new mouse time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fabulouscoops

My MX-1000 is starting to give me problems in some games. Left mouse button works intermittently. Like when holding down the button to fire a machine gun the gun stops after a few bullets and I have to tap it to fire again. I have loved this mouse up till now. Long battery life, convenient buttons, precision, etc.

I have tried to move the base station, reinitialize the connection, but I think it might just be a physical problem with the LMB being used so often it wore out.

Anyway I am looking for a replacement/backup and cannot decide between Logitech's G5 or G7 and razer copperhead or to get another MX1000 (mine is a rev. 1)

Opinions from the peanut gallery welcomed.

ilikepie said:
Rma it and you might get one of the new ones with the shiny paint

It is 9 months old. I should check to see if there is a 1 year warranty. If so, that may be that way to go. ty

I had the same problem with my MX700, worse thing was trying to web browse u click on a link and find out it double clicks all the time, or when in games u hold the buttons down and they switch on and off, making it very annoying.

mine was 2 years old, so decided to get the G7 Lazer and it certainly rocks my socks :)

I decided on warranty replacement of the current mouse. Much to my surprise, Logitech is sending me a new MX5000 bluetooth desktop.

woah, my mx-1000 died on me, so I just got a G7. I lost my reciept tho, did you have to show that to get the replacement from logitech?

Nope, they ask for the part #, model # and seriel #. They can determine from those when it was made and if it is still covered. You only need a receipt if it is close to the end or if you think it was sitting on a shelf for a long time.

My MX1000 is also getting very flakey after a few years, looks like it is time to contact them about it. Ya maybe they can either fix it or give me something close to it. I love my MX1000 but a newer something that does not skip around the screen would be so cool.

Last edited:
Logitech G5 or Razer Copperhead.

G5 if your hands are a little large and Copperhead if your hands are on the small side.

I ended up calling them after I saw this thread way back. I didn't have my reciept, and I flat out told them I've had it over a year, but they still replaced mine with an MX Revolution for free. I had already bought a G7 to replace it, and later a G5, so I sold it in the classies.

So the moral is, they really do want to help you out, give them a call. Doing it after you've intentionally broken your product, or lying to them, is just cheap though.

Ive gone thru 3 Razers in 1 year....They replaced them all under warranty....
I love the mouse, but I guess I'm too hard on them..
maybe I should look into a Logitech..

*COUGH* wired *COUGH*

Don't get the G5 unless you can cope with a single side button...it's the only thing about it that irritates me.

jcw122 said:
*COUGH* wired *COUGH*

Don't get the G5 unless you can cope with a single side button...it's the only thing about it that irritates me.

I got used to it rather quickly. I thought I was going to have issues, but I didn't.

Well I called them up today, and WOW, is all I can say. I gave them all my product info and explained the issue.

They are sending me a brand new MX Revolution to replace my MX1000. I have never been so pleased with customer support in my life. I am very happy that I am a Logitech customer. I will continue to buy from them for a very long time.

Back