• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Funniest thing thats ever happened to you in a game?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

What is the funniest thing that has EVER happened to you in a game?

Well, for me,
Me and my best friend were playing BF2 on the map, running past the center flag of Strike at Karland. We were just running, covering each other, stratigicly avoiding tanks/enemies, just runnin. Were both on Ventrilo so were communicating very well, then its dead quiet, just running...

ziggo0: Hey Brian, I think an airstrike is comin....

BOOM~~~~~!

My friend just god NAILED by the first explosion! That was the funniest **** i've seen in a while, so friggin random! Just in the middle of the town, no one around, and I just feel it comin, just blows the hell outta us, christ that was good.

What about you?

I think the funniest thing thats ever happened to me while playing a game was when me and two other buddies were playing Halo on the same TV. I dropped my controller on my bed to get a drink and when the controller fell it hit the TV remote which pulled back both triggers shooting one of my friends directly in the head and blowing the other up with a grenade I had :p

I laughed for soooo long :)

It made it all much more funny just because they were both trying to get a free kill off of me while I was getting something to drink !!!

I've had plenty of funny stories...... I'll mention 2

My buddies and I were 3v3ing (TDM) some noobs in UT2004, we hid in this spot on DM-Rankin for 12 minutes before they started typing "?" "WTF"... we won the match by the points we scored in the begining.

We were 4v4 TDMing a pretty good team in UT2004, I drop down to double damage and shield gun 3 guys and take their guns / the double damage .. I wanted them to uninstall.

Was at a LAN party w/ su root playing some HL2DM. He had the Combine rifle equiped, and he caught me off guard. He fired the Combine Ball at me, and I only had my physcannon out. By sheer luck I manage to grab the ball. By more sheer luck, I manage to fling it at him and completely vapourize him. Best shot I've ever made :)

Okay I got a story lol....

Okay in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory on my clans public server, so the axis team, (my team) advanced close to the allied spawn area, so I'm hiding behind a ramp and big freight boxes with a panzer faust and everytime I got up the allies had opened the door to come out of there spawn and I shot a panzer in there every time. Now I did this about 4 or 5 times lol. The first time I killed one person, second time I got Double Kill, then I got a Mega Kill (3 kills at once) Server: maddog39 is on a killing spree (5 kills without a death), next time they open the door again, ULTRA KILL (4 kills at once), and the allied team is getting pretty ****ed. Next I pop up and the whole allied team is ready to come out and beat the **** outa me and I shoot the panzer and... M-M-M-MONSTER KILL (10 kills at once) killed the entire team, then Server: maddog39 is Unstoppable!, and Im like LMAO and the allied team is like "maddog u fag let us out"(that was a quote sry for cuss word), next thing i know i got a panzer to the head, rofl.

playing road rash 3D for 3DO getting a tazer making making the other racers seize out and look like they are have their way with the motorcycle. This **** is so funny at like 4 in the morning.

Tribes 2

I jumped into a transport ship and was the piolet, happened to be the first time flying one, everyone jumped in and was ready for some action. I lifted off, overturned and pile-drive right back from once I came from. Best moment ever! (Its alot more funnah if you are actualy there)

Probably all my newbie moments on BF2 were some of the funniest things I've ever done, mainly because of the fact that it usually ensues with a ton of hate&teamkills.

Like, the first time I got in a heli, there was only about 3 people but you know, i really wanted to fly the friggin thing. My friend was standing beside the heli telling me what to do. Whatever he told me went in one ear and out the other because i managed to do a barrel roll killing him, myself, and my teammates by exploding the heli.

Most of my time playing BF2 is during the wee hours just before i go to bed, so my ability to comprehend humor goes outta wack and alot of things just seem more funny. Another example is, they JUST put vehicle drops in BF2. I'm used to standing next to the jet spot and waiting for jet to spawn so i can nab it and go kamikaze on some other jet. Well, what happens is i hear "UGHHHH" you have been killed. I'm going wtf? the camera turns on my body and there's a friggin' jeep on me and i'm on a carrier in the middle of the sea. (I was unaware that vehicle drops existed) I look through chat and there's a ton of "lol, vehitillary!" etc. This actually happened about 5 times through that game. =(

Seinken said:
Most of my time playing BF2 is during the wee hours just before i go to bed, so my ability to comprehend humor goes outta wack and alot of things just seem more funny. Another example is, they JUST put vehicle drops in BF2. I'm used to standing next to the jet spot and waiting for jet to spawn so i can nab it and go kamikaze on some other jet. Well, what happens is i hear "UGHHHH" you have been killed. I'm going wtf? the camera turns on my body and there's a friggin' jeep on me and i'm on a carrier in the middle of the sea. (I was unaware that vehicle drops existed) I look through chat and there's a ton of "lol, vehitillary!" etc. This actually happened about 5 times through that game. =(

LMFAO!!! So true man, I feel for ya, newbs 4 lyfe!

This is a good one

JK2assault.jpg

Back in college probably 4 years ago when I was into playing Jedi Knight 2 online, I was as you would say...uber sweet at using the force grip and force push (my own little personal combo) to throw people off of high places and kill them. I would pick them up with force grip and have a few seconds to position them up in the air a bit, then release force grip and immediately force push to send them flying.) Well I was playing in this server with 5 or so other guys and I basically just stood on this platform and did that for 25 minutes. They were getting a little TO'ed because I hadnt died once. The guy was like "stop it n00b learn some real skill" and of course i was like "well use your real skill to come actually kill me for once" lol. So the other 5 guys teamed up and lined up on the pedistal and all came at me at once. It was awesome and fun. I think I made it thru 4 of them by throwing them off but the last guy got me beacause i was out of force energy. I will probably always remember that moment.

Back in the days of UT 99, first time I got the redeemer, I used it point blank, and got a ultra kill :D Scared the living hell out of me, hehehe :D

That and my uncanny ability to do something totaly stupid in a game, and by doing various other stupid things, actualy live. Lolz

Goldeneye 64. We were playing with Landmines only. I managed to sneak up on someone and lay a landmine on them. I ran. They blew up. Set off a chain reaction around the area and blew up the other 2people.

I remember playing Battlefield 1942: Secret weapons demo and I was a sniper.

Well, I was by a road and sniping some enemies through my scope. As you know, when seeing through the scope you have a very focused view. I had the perfect shot lined, squeezed the trigger, and saw something flash before my scope. I quickly leave my scope view and found out I accidently sniped a teammate riding on a motorcycle while he was driving by at full speed. I got kicked shortly after. The server had a strict no TKing policy. Doh.

I was playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein having just bought some huge new speakers. I got to a part where a bridge collapsed and I literally thought there was either thunder outside or an earthquake was about to start.

maddog39 said:

Okay in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory on my clans public server, so the axis team, (my team) advanced close to the allied spawn area, so I'm hiding behind a ramp and big freight boxes with a panzer faust and everytime I got up the allies had opened the door to come out of there spawn and I shot a panzer in there every time. Now I did this about 4 or 5 times lol. The first time I killed one person, second time I got Double Kill, then I got a Mega Kill (3 kills at once) Server: maddog39 is on a killing spree (5 kills without a death), next time they open the door again, ULTRA KILL (4 kills at once), and the allied team is getting pretty ****ed. Next I pop up and the whole allied team is ready to come out and beat the **** outa me and I shoot the panzer and... M-M-M-MONSTER KILL (10 kills at once) killed the entire team, then Server: maddog39 is Unstoppable!, and Im like LMAO and the allied team is like "maddog u fag let us out"(that was a quote sry for cuss word), next thing i know i got a panzer to the head, rofl.
Repeatedly spawnkilling an outmatched team with the PF is funny? :rolleyes: That's grounds for a kick/ban on many public servers.

Alright I have two pretty good stories.

1: In Counter-Strike 1.6 I was in a pub and was playing a map called fy_repub, and there is a huge tower in the middle of it. So I whip out my knife buy a pump while climbing the ladder and get to the top and blast the guy that was climbing up other side of the wall to the tower when we both popped out the top. BUT, he had thrown a flashbang, so I looked at it right as it went off and I heard someone down on the ground, I initiated what I now call Operation Flying Noob. I jumped off the tower, this is while i was blind BTW, and I fired one shot, when the flash wears off and I'm dead from the fall, I find out that I nailed some kid standing on some boxes right in the head! OWNED!

2: In BF2, (I thought this was funny) when the connection times out or the server crashes, every vehicle on the map keeps moving in the same direction, so there was 2 tanks, an APC, and assorted transport vehicles flying past my screen lol.

RB6 Binge for xbox. My mom came in and said "Take a shower you stink!"
It's funny because I am 25.

maddog39 said:

I love it! Spawn panzer'ing on Enemy Territory FTW!!

lucasp said:
RB6 Binge for xbox. My mom came in and said "Take a shower you stink!"
It's funny because I am 25.

Winner!

I think the fact that most of the great experiences in games happen at about 1-3 AM so you are already overtired and anything is funny!

One that I thought was hilarious was when 2 friends and I were at a net-cafe playing CS 1.6 against some little nutjob kids. We were pretty much rockin their faces, and I popped this kid in his face. He stands up and yells "HACKS!" in the cafe!!! ... So we told him to shut up.

Roofles said:
Winner!

I think the fact that most of the great experiences in games happen at about 1-3 AM so you are already overtired and anything is funny!

One that I thought was hilarious was when 2 friends and I were at a net-cafe playing CS 1.6 against some little nutjob kids. We were pretty much rockin their faces, and I popped this kid in his face. He stands up and yells "HACKS!" in the cafe!!! ... So we told him to shut up.

OMG...LANs are frickin crazy that early in the morning. SO, I was rockin some UT2K4 InstaGib "First one to 300 frags is teh winner", it was the warm up match, im just raping face as usual, movin around in my seat all kickin *** then all the sudden I lag out, I stand up and shout, WHAT THE EFF LAG??! Everyone in the whole room busts up laughing! I was like WTF?!??! Them ******** conspired and unplugged my lan cable :(, it was funny as hell!~

Back