• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU water blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harakusara

I was gonna water cool my 7800 and I was wondering if the blocks that cool the gpu and the RAM are worth it.
Such as the danger den ones.

Other than they cool the ram as well as the GPU, and they cost a little more than twice as much, they might perform a little better if not the same as a maze4 with good ramsinks.

Simply put, it's not worth the money to buy a full cover block when a Maze4 or equivalent with ramsinks will perform as well, if not better in some instances.

If your case really has NO airflow, then yeah you need a full cover block, but then you'll need to cool your chipsets and stuff as well. Even a watercooled PC needs some airflow to cool all the passively cooled components, disks and so on. That airflow will most likely be enough to cool your video ram chips with some decent passive sinks on them.

The Swiftech MC14 RAMsinks work great but were a little too tall to fit under the 1/2" barbs coming out of the GPU block.
A 5 min. modification did the trick, though:

DDR3_HS1.JPG

Back