• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get to OCF at work!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulfly1448

OMG! I've been blocked at work. I can't access this site because of the new "Internet Security" protocol at work.

Anyone know a way around this other than hacking the network?

I'll speak for my workplace and quote our IS Sec policy.

The use of electronic message boards, instant messengers, and communications software not part of the Common Environment is prohibited. The use of any software or website that may result in a loss of intellectual property to any third party is prohibited.
Violators of this policy are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
You've been warned. ;) I don't know about your company and I don't know what your Internet Acceptable Use Policy says, but we take our IAUP somewhat seriously at my company (not near as seriously as other policies concerning anti-virus software, passwords, etc., but still on our List of Stuff To Do).

It depends what sort of screen you get when you try to come here. If you get a screen from a content filtering program then you're (sort of) screwed, although you could potentially use a proxy server.

Note, however, that any possible remedy we can offer you here will be a violation of your IAUP and may result in your termination. I for one do not want to be responsible for that!

Breaking the internet usage policies = bad.

I'd rather this dicussion didn't continue.

You could always ask them to unblock it?

I did and they did. The IT guy is cool. He just had to block most of the more popular sites from "the kids". Being as I'm not considered one of "the kids" I am allowed free reign (with the exception of nudie sites).

Back