• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What latenights will do to ya...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

well tonight i could not go to sleep.... so i decided to pop the top on my...... on my P4 2.8C (i have done it on a 2.0a and a 2.4b also) so i grabbed some foam and a razor blade and 2 min later... WALLA a mirror to view my awsome studlyness :beer: ... n e ways

(what logo is this of... it looks so familiar)
P7180011.JPG

:)
P7180015.JPG

and the IHS its self!!!
P7180016.JPG

n e ways i really cant tell you guys temps.... the onboard sensor its a piece thus i could never take n e down... but im sure there will be some improvement from past expierence.... which is good because my HTPC aims to be fast but silent and cool! (thats where the 2.8c came out of)

Go any faster or run any cooler?
Did you simply waste a latenight on a CPU rather than being with a woman.

lol atm no woman in my life... but i have one comming :beer: i will post if i can grab better results... but the funny thing is i have nothing to compare to... seems as how i never oc'd it b4 and never recorded temps... it was just late and i had been wanting to do it... ill probably to it to my main rigs 3.0c but i will recorde temps and oc's then. but untill then.... its IHS key chains... i have 2 so far!

nd4spdbh2 said:
lol atm no woman in my life... but i have one comming :beer:
Gotta love mail order brides! :santa:

Back on topic, great job with taking off the IHS... I can't do that kind of work late at night, something will die (only fate knows if it's the CPU or my hand that the razor wants to kill).

Burdman27911 said:
Gotta love mail order brides! :santa:

Back on topic, great job with taking off the IHS... I can't do that kind of work late at night, something will die (only fate knows if it's the CPU or my hand that the razor wants to kill).

lololol so true... no i have been hangin out with this chick for some time and ima ask her out soon....

LeAd_Poisoning said:
you need a balance, gentleman by day, OC by night

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH YES!!!!!!!!

n e ways there was a lil hickup when puttin the cpu back in.... the loss of the 16th of an inch of IHS made it to where the HS wouldnt contact the core.... so i took off the retention bracket cut 1/16th of an inch off each leg, found some bolts and nuts that worked... sanded the tops of the bolts so its even flatter and more space... cut them to the right size and put the thing back on... and now shes perfecly fine makin great contact with plenty of space under the hs between it and the retention brack now. ill get you guys pics of it tommorrow.

Back