• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X850Xt PE on a P4 vs AMD 64? performance gain?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

HEy guys,

Well I curious if I will see a gain in my 3d scores because of moving from a P4 2.4c at 3 gigs over to the Opty 144 with the 1 meg L2? I have a feeling I will because of the CPU not being able to supply enough power for the video card to actually work like it should. It's an AGP card if that matters. How big a gain will I see from this switch?

beau_safken said:
HEy guys,

Well I curious if I will see a gain in my 3d scores because of moving from a P4 2.4c at 3 gigs over to the Opty 144 with the 1 meg L2? I have a feeling I will because of the CPU not being able to supply enough power for the video card to actually work like it should. It's an AGP card if that matters. How big a gain will I see from this switch?

You are probably bottlenecked with that CPU, so you would probably see a pretty large increase in performance with an Opty 144

Back