• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compaq MSI mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stftk_137

Registered
hi its been a while since I have been outta the house if you know what I mean lol...anyways I bought a compaq presario..(stupid thing to do) and I realized that I can't overclock anything! cause of the BIOS that compaq puts on their systems...what I was wondering was...Can I change the BIOS to a normal MSI BIOS insteasd of Compaq's custom crap? thanks --Chris

stftk_137 said:
hi its been a while since I have been outta the house if you know what I mean lol...anyways I bought a compaq presario..(stupid thing to do) and I realized that I can't overclock anything! cause of the BIOS that compaq puts on their systems...what I was wondering was...Can I change the BIOS to a normal MSI BIOS insteasd of Compaq's custom crap? thanks --Chris

Is this a Compaq GX5050?

stftk_137 said:
no...if I wanted a gaming pc I wouldnt buy pre made..I would make it myself..

Well you didn't give any good informations on the Compaq computer that you have. I might be able to help. I was able to update my Compaq GX5050 BIOS with the MSI bios. The GX5050 comes with the MSI NEO2 Platimun motherboard. If you want the info let me know what model Compaq you have and what MSI motherboard they used. If you don't know what MB it is use CPU-Z. That will give you all you need.

Back