• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats wrong with the forums?!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Punk

just got home & went onto the forums, and now whenever i hit the back, forward or refresh button on my browser to go to the main forum page or any other page in the forums, it looks all messed up (see pic below). Anyone else having this problem???

:mad:

no, didnt mess up the browser settings, checked them all and everything is configured properly. Even tried rebooting (comp stays on most of the time) but the forums are still messed on my comp. Everything was fine when i left my comp a few hours before i came home and found the forums messed on my browser.

compuwife said:
hmm...try dumping your cookies and maybe shutting off a few of those programs you have running?

did that. cleaned out all temp internet files + cookies + even history, not running any other programs, still is messed up. The wierd thing is that only this site is messed on my browser and not any others.:confused:

I've had the same thing happen, tried clearing my cache, cookies, nothing worked.

I even updated to IE6, that made no difference.

Only thing that i found worked was to reinstall.

i had this problem once with the website i run, the guy who owns i assured me it looked great, yet it was all garbled on my pc, so i restarted and it was fine!

JAWS said:

How do you do this? Sorry, very new to Internet Explorer!
to clear history + temporary internet files, open IE and click tools>Internet options on the menu bar @ the top of the browser and when the dialog box opens click Delete files button in the middle of the screen under the temp internet files section in the general tab. Then click the clear history button underneath that. To delete cookies go to the C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files directory and/or the C:\WINDOWS\cookies directory and delete all the cookie files.

Wow!!!

Got enough programs open? I have never seen a toolbar have that many programs on it.

I currently have 5. Virus scanner, volume, MSN messanger, Internet connection, and adaptec create cd.

That many programs open is insane

JAWS said:

Sorry, very new to Internet Explorer!

whoa... Um I dunno how you did that man - has to be a setting on your system...

I got Opera, IE and Netscape running awesome in here on my rig... Try dumping IE and see what happens.

compuwife said:
Slurgi, our average customer has programs out to the start menu on (at least 20)....with only 128mb ram And then they wonder why their computer runs so slow.

its true, these kids i know where complaining about how slow their old celeron300 system was and gave it to me....turned out they were trying to run Win2k with 48 megs of ram....

Punk said:
just got home & went onto the forums, and now whenever i hit the back, forward or refresh button on my browser to go to the main forum page or any other page in the forums, it looks all messed up (see pic below). Anyone else having this problem???

:mad:

never see something like this..............if you don't have any problem with other sites, it may not be your browser.........something else..............i don't know.................

funnyperson1 said:

its true, these kids i know where complaining about how slow their old celeron300 system was and gave it to me....turned out they were trying to run Win2k with 48 megs of ram....

Yea last year my computer teacher was a total n00b ..

Aced everything :)

Back