• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

line routeing help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireandice

ok im getting kinks in my line to my cpu block from my rad.

so how would you do this set up in my case? Its a TT kit "no bashing i have it and it works for this rig so dont be bashing it" and i can turn the res and pump sideways so the res isent in the 3inch bays and lay the pump on its side so the top outlet is aimed at the back of my case.

d5ff0231.jpg
4e0cb855.jpg
a331f1fd.jpg
a1d14891.jpg

redid it today and imo its better than before but if any of you think i shoudl change anything just say so.

mounted the res and pump a little diff and layed the pump on its side and the line to the rad goes out the bottom pci slot.

d478629d.jpg
a6cc7f7a.jpg

also i remember reading someone who did this so i decided to try it to protect the core. just a peace of foam that came with a asrock mobo. i cut a square so the core dosent touch it and so it dosent touch any of the surface mount stuff. my cpu only hits 26c full load with fresh as5 so im not worried about it melting. it does help alot with installing on a bare core and makeing shure the weight is equal ocer the core. i just went a little tigher than normal to make shure its getting contact. dident hurt the temps any so thats a big +

ps thats my hdd suspended in rubber bands like in the how to in maxum pc. i used old 1/4 inch tubeing to hold the rubberbands in place and it works really good.

Back