• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200+ winchester problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rickfin

Registered
Hi! I have clocked my 3200+ winchester to 2480@1,55v(248x10 maz temp. 54) and the ram is running 330 [email protected] with 2,7 v. I have ran Prime 95 torture test small ffts, in-place large ffts and blend for hours without errors. Still sometimes I get these strange program errors(the box that says you can report this problem to microsoft...), battlefield 2 and flatout crashed both once to desktop and I also once got BSOD. I have had these settings for weeks and otherwise it has been stable. Only thing that I left on auto in bios was the htt multiplier. Could that cause the problems or is it my memory?

I think the problem may be your power supply.
When you are running prime95, you are not working your video card, etc...
So, the system dynamics of video game on the PS is my best bet.

Although, I heard Winchesters are problem with 4 sticks of memory.
I did not have good luck when I tried 4 sticks. (needed 2T timing)

thanks,
kelso

Last edited:
I think that the problem isn't the power supply because I can run demanding games like oblivion for hours. The Bsod came when I was in windows working with Mozilla Firefox. So the problem might be once again the bad memory controller or what? Should I do something to the HTT multiplier or can leave it to the auto? Where can I find the HTT Bus Speed? Thanks for the reply anyway.

Last edited:
Back