• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nForce 500 Series?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

I really am looking foward to upgrading my computer soon after Conroe is released, however I would like a board with the new nForce 5 chipset. Does anyone know when is it scheduled to be released?

Looks promising, but I was disappointed to see heatsinks and fans for both the northbridge and southbridge, especially the MASSIVE on on the north. I was hoping for a low/0 noise fanless system this time around.

FudgeNuggets said:
Looks promising, but I was disappointed to see heatsinks and fans for both the northbridge and southbridge, especially the MASSIVE on on the north. I was hoping for a low/0 noise fanless system this time around.

Promising?
They put a 805D in it, how in the heck do we know how well that thing OC's :confused:

200FSB :rolleyes:

A speedstep pressler multi down to 6 FSB pushed as hard as they could, then it might have been usefull :-/

Worthless overclocking reveiw :mad:

greenmaji said:
Promising?
They put a 805D in it, how in the heck do we know how well that thing OC's :confused:

200FSB :rolleyes:

A speedstep pressler multi down to 6 FSB pushed as hard as they could, then it might have been usefull :-/

Worthless overclocking reveiw :mad:

They said that they're releasing BIOS updates to enable better overclocking and support for the Core2.....geez read the whole article before having a fit.

FudgeNuggets said:
They said that they're releasing BIOS updates to enable better overclocking and support for the Core2.....geez read the whole article before having a fit.
805's dont not oc generally as well as the pressler's do. cause of last batch of b1's right before the c1's, were/are hitting 4ghz on stock volts. With a place like anatech they have a preview of e6300 and e6400 why didnt they use those? Even if they were working on a bios update im pretty sure if anatech asked a bios with core 2 support would have been made for them. Eh thats what happens when you send intel stuff to a amd biased site.

I think Maximum PC did a article on it for their Dream Machine 2006 edition. It was the 500 series chipset with SLI and they had a Core2 CPU in it too. That thing was crazy fast!!

Man, looks like more "bios" tweaking crap from Nvidia to me... Or just another "corporate" review from Anandtech like the one they did on the P5N32, which i may add turned out to be the singlemost cluster-**** i have EVER experienced.... Nvidia just needs to own up to the fact that their chipsets for INTEL systems are just crap, and will NEVER be able to overclock like a INTEL based chipset.... SLI is cool, but at this rate, it is gonna be YEARS before Nvidia, and Intel play nice, and OVERCLOCK together.....

But thats just me.....:rolleyes:

screwtech02 said:
But thats just me.....:rolleyes:

naaaa... I just have a glimer of hope left that they wont screw up this time.. but Im not holding my breath :beer:

Back