• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x1800xt, difference between two prices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krasch

I've pretty much settled my mind on getting myself a shiny x1800xt to replace my prehistorical 3d prophet 4500 64MB

and I was wondering what could explain the 20$ difference between those two ( 1. 2. ) (different?) items

correct me if I'm wrong but they seem pretty similar to me...

The first one is for crossfire setups a.k.a ATi's sli equivalent. You dont need the crossfire card unless you want to run two x1800's in your system at the same time.

but then, shouldn't the first one be the most expensive ?

besides, doesn't this : "Multiply & Conquer with Multi-GPU Performance" means that it's crossfire ready ?

(I am highly unsure on this one since there's no further mention of crossfire capacities in the specifications)

and the fact that the first one was more expensive before the price cut would back up what you said

but in any case the crossfire one is cheaper right now so I guess I'll go with that one :) (that is, if I get one before they're all gone)

but, just to be perfectly sure. Beside that, there shouldn't be any other differences, right ?

Back