• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GP2X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-maddog-

An interesting handheld: dual core, overclockable, linux, open source, 4gb sd, free sdk, and tons of emulators. Also supports divx, xvid, 124fps, and 1920x1024 for video. Has a possible drm implementation for commercial games, but doesn't seem like it will be implemented very much(if any at all).

Yea I almost got one of these before getting a 1.5 fw psp, but they were delayed in being released and to be honest I haven't heard anything about them. Sounds cool though. What are they priced at?

wow, sounds pretty cool. I had a 1.5 PSP and pretty much the only game I actually enjoyed playing on it was MLB, couldn't stand the controls of shooters, and the fps of other games (like Twisted metal that I had) made me sick to my stomach and gave me a headache.
So I pretty much always used my PSP to play NES and SNES games...seems like This thing would be a much better thing for that, for me anyway.

Not that I can afford to buy it right now, but maybe I will in a few months or something.

Thanks for the heads up!

Fathom1990 said:
It's the successor to the GP32 isn't it?

Yep.

My boss has one, and uses it all the time. He has modded it out, and after assinging letters to different buttons/combinations of buttons.... he regularly works in terminal window doin' stuff to tweak it more.

It's awesome as a video player, and great as a game player.

From what I've read, it isn't very developed as far as SNES emulation goes. Many games are playable, but only a few are glitch free. Emulation on it will become better as time goes on, but I don't think I would buy one right now unless I could help develop applications for it.

I've been meaning to get one of these since the 1st gen GamePark32 was out, but have been putting it off due to being reluctant and expensive to have shipped from Hong Kong.

That thing is awesome. Perfect for watching movies and listening to music on long flights or traveling. Would be nice if there was some kind of wireless addon.

FudgeNuggets said:
I've been meaning to get one of these since the 1st gen GamePark32 was out, but have been putting it off due to being reluctant and expensive to have shipped from Hong Kong.

at Gp2x.com they give two places in the US from which you can order. But I suppose they could just be drop shipping from overseas.

Back