• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/2" to ?/?"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nyforever

Registered
I have this kit, and I'm wondering if I can use the radiator that was from the kit. I don't know the tube size, but I know that it's considerable smaller then 1/2". The kit's tube can fit inside the 1/2" tube...

Anyway, I want to use this radiator. I bet it will drop the temp down, and I have the room to do this (inside the case).

So, is there any tube "converter" I can buy so that the 1/2" can fit to the 2nd radiator?

Or is it not worth it?

harakusara said:
can you unscrew the barb?
Pics would also help

Nope... No barbs at all. Here's the pic (attached).

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpg
    IMG_1690.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1692.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 44
Looks to me likes it's a thermaltake product, if that is true this radiator will not increase performance, it will only decrease flow, causing a rise in temperatures. That tubing get's all the way down to 1/4" ID...

You should be able to find a reducer at any plumbing store. But seriously I would just get another rad with 1/2" fittings and sell the one you have. Rads are not that expensive these days. The flow hit from 1/2" to 1/4" would be substantial.

Back