• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc shuts off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Poormansferrari

I know I've posted this before but Im still having some problems with my pc shutting off by itself. Somehow Ive got it to where it will only cut off in 3d games but only the demanding ones like HL2 and COD2, it will last 5 to 10 mins sometimes more then the computer shuts off. It will sit at desktop forever. Should I replace my mobo, CPU, or Video card? Im thinking its the Video Card since sometimes when Im playing Halo it does some wierd stuff like not loading some bitmaps and the screen gets snowy. So should I replace the Video Card or is it a bad driver or what? I really need to fix this, some of you guys must know how fustrating it is when you build a custom rig just for gaming and it doesnt work properly. THanX for HeLp in advance.:)

Come on, man... What are your specs? Card, Mobo, CPU, PSU? Going on no info, it almost sounds as if it's a weak PSU. The card is drawing to much current.

might be shorting out, might be overheating, might be overclocked to high, not enough voltage....and so on

^^^ listen to what soulfly said

srry Im a n00b,
CPU- AMD athlon 4000+ 2.52 Ghz
mobo- asus A8N SLI
ram- 1.5 gigs
VC- EVGA 7800 GT
PS- Antec Neo HE 500 watt

GPU is 50 after gaming for 30 mins
CPU is 44 after gaming for 30 mins
normal CPU is 35
normal GPU is 44

Do you have the 4-pin PSU connector connected to the board (just above and to the left of the CPU socket)? Also, do you have a 4-pin molex connector connected to the EZ Plug (just above the main PCI Express slot)? Since you're not running two VC's in SLI, and hence don't require the extra power... a molex connector from the PSU to the EZ Plug shouldn't be necessary.

Back