• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

am i the only one thats...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrEaK44

..mad that superman returns is for every platform except PC(well the say it might be later)
and that 24 the game is only for PS2 and not PC
and halo 2 is for every platform except PC
and others. just wondering

FrEaK44 said:
..mad that superman returns is for every platform except PC(well the say it might be later)
and that 24 the game is only for PS2 and not PC
and halo 2 is for every platform except PC
and others. just wondering
lol yea but halo 2 will be for pc soon when vista is out if i saw that thread that says halo 2 vista only

redrumy3 said:
lol yea but halo 2 will be for pc soon when vista is out if i saw that thread that says halo 2 vista only
vista is not the point(shoulda been released for PC at the same time as the other platforms)

There have always been tons of games that don't come to the PC and visa versa (well, not so much now that most major PC games are on the Xbox/360). The $$$ just aren't there. That and KB/mouse suck for 3rd person adventure games like superman and thats what most people use for controls.

Its not worth getting angry over. You just have to come to terms with the fact that to get the benifits of different platforms you need to spend a few bucks.

OC Noob said:
That and KB/mouse suck for 3rd person adventure games like superman and thats what most people use for controls.
alot of us have gamepads anyway
OC Noob said:
you need to spend a few bucks.
i don't have much i can't just go out and spend $200 bucks

FrEaK44 said:
vista is not the point(shoulda been released for PC at the same time as the other platforms)
Halo 1 also came out for PC way after it came out for the Xbox. Gearbox ported it and added new stuff. If Bungie ported it directly, it would be less fun and probably have crappy netcode.

Some games just suck on the PC. They haven't mastered the flow and control that you get on a console. Add in the plethora of hardware it has to work with and it becomes a PITA to develop. Some games are great on the PC, I mean their console counterparts were just lacking and didn't work well like Civilization, Roller Coaster Tycoon, SimCity, theSims etc.... All that may be about to change now that keyboards and mouse will be common on consoles and now all the consoles will be able to download new content via the web. PC will still have its' place until user-developed add-ons will work with console games.

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Halo 1 also came out for PC way after it came out for the Xbox. Gearbox ported it and added new stuff. If Bungie ported it directly, it would be less fun and probably have crappy netcode.

Er..... I think you're forgetting that Halo PC DID have crappy netcode.... If you ever played online, you can instantly see how unforgiving it is. Having to shoot 6 ft in front of a player to actually hit them to accompany for lag is just stupid.

some games arent really good on pc, there i mean Tony Hawk's serie, a paint to play on keybaord, but when u get a joystick, u still ave to remember the keybaord buttons because when it tell u to press R+S+up, u gotta remember to what u mapped them.Or, it will tell Joy5, while on xbox ionly thing to remember is where are Yellow, Green, Blue, Red button. Ps2 assign them with a shape, while pc, we gotta remember Joy4 and AxisX. Some pc games, just dont support gamepad properly, i remmeber trying to play UT/UT2k4 with my controller; almost impossible, could not map to axis.

Agashka said:
some games arent really good on pc, there i mean Tony Hawk's serie, a paint to play on keybaord, but when u get a joystick, u still ave to remember the keybaord buttons because when it tell u to press R+S+up, u gotta remember to what u mapped them.Or, it will tell Joy5, while on xbox ionly thing to remember is where are Yellow, Green, Blue, Red button. Ps2 assign them with a shape, while pc, we gotta remember Joy4 and AxisX. Some pc games, just dont support gamepad properly, i remmeber trying to play UT/UT2k4 with my controller; almost impossible, could not map to axis.
i never had to for tony hawk, one of my fave sports games. and i have never played halo on the net

Back