• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something is wierd here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xsimatrix

Registered
Well, heres my screenshot,

x2 3800, oc to 2.76ghz and running very low temps. Basic cooling, (stock air heatsink) but with 3 internal case fans, 1 exhuaast 2 intake.

Am i seing something wrong, isnt the x2 3800+ 2.0ghz stock? And shouldnt my temps be skyrocketing.

DFI Lanparty Ultra SLIDR board. The bios records same temps ranges.

I cannot OC anymore, my ram will not keep up.

screenshot.jpg

1.360V? is it stable?
thats also probally why you dont see much in the way of higher temps too

Yea my 170 idles around 32c @ 2.8ghz. Try dual prime and see what your temp's get up to. Also you can use a mem divider to make it where your memory isn't toping out.

IMHO I'am suprised you got into winders.

Opps guess I shoulda looked @ the SS alittle better.

But OPier said x2?

The Coolest said:
That is a Single Core Athlon64 3800+, not an X2, those run at 2.4GHz stock.

I spotted that too. Hope the OP didn't buy a single core and pay for an X2! Also the overclock is only 15% so that would explain the low temps and voltage. :)

damnit im gonna be ****ed if the bill says i paid for an x2. But i doubt cause i saw the LCS owner scan the barcode, im ****ing stoopid for not paying attention to what he took of the counter. O well. I know i specifically said x2 3800, his mistake. What is the price difference between the two cpus anyways?

Oh, and can i get a little help maybe. I am using the dfi lanpart ultra sli dr board and i cant find my way around the genie bios too well. Its my first time using this board/cmos configuration. And how the hell do I set up my memory dividers, i couldnt find it anywhere in the cmos. Also, what is a good voltage setting to use that wont hurt my cpu while being able to use stock cooling. Right now it wont sstay stable in prime for more than 2 hours. and haha yes it did boot into windows but took a long *** time getting to start up. I have it set to 2.65 right now, its good enough for games when combined with the 7900gtoc(bfg)

I believe in the Genie BIOS you have to go into DRAM Configuration and then change Max Memory <Mhz> to the divider you want. 133 can be a bit problematic for some users though.

Back