• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 6800XT Overclock Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr Threepwood

Registered
I have a problem with overclocking my XFX 6800XT, I have no heat issue but can't overclock it like I wan't to.
When I overclock it from 350Mhz to 400Mhz on the core and from 1Ghz to 1.1Ghz I get an stupid error message:
screenpw0.jpg

What is this? And how can I get around it?
I can clock the core to 380Mhz and memory to 1080Mhz, but that's it.

You have to disable to test. I'm sure some one here can inform you how to (It's been to long for me). Install ATI tool and use it to clock your card, then lock it in using the driver. Even doing that, you might not have much headroom left in that card, though I've gotten a 6800NU up to 649 core on low cost water cooing, so you never know.

Seeing as you're running an XT, have you unlocked it yet?

sir_pyro said:
You have to disable to test. I'm sure some one here can inform you how to (It's been to long for me). Install ATI tool and use it to clock your card, then lock it in using the driver. Even doing that, you might not have much headroom left in that card, though I've gotten a 6800NU up to 649 core on low cost water cooing, so you never know.

What do you mean by disable?

sir_pyro said:
Seeing as you're running an XT, have you unlocked it yet?

Unlocked what?

Back