• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 2200+ Socket A 1.8GHz 266FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trustn01

Hello there :)

I had a very nice Socket A XP 3000+ Barton core which got damaged when being moved from machine to machine, ffs. And being a poor student I can’t afford anything better than the XP 2200+ 1.8Ghz I just bought of ebay and of course I’m noticing a distinct lack of performance compared to the 3000+

I’ve read a few guides on overclocking but all are saying different things, “do it this way or you’ll damage the PCI bus”, “you can’t do very much because of your chipset” – I’m getting nowhere fast.

So I was wondering if one of you kind people could help me out and tell me exactly what to do and what I can and can’t do if I give you my specs? I’ve never overclocked before so please be gentle, its my first time.

Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8GHz 266FSB - AXDA2200DUV3C AIUHB 0247SPFW

GIGABYTE GA-7N400 PRO2 NFORCE2 ULTRA 400

I got a good portion of the way through Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Level 32 Dark Elf) before my 3000+ broke, I’m not going to be able to play that again with this CPU am I?

You must get a lot of n00bs asking to be spoon-fed so if there are any oc guides specific to my CPU that you know of then I’d certainly read through them :)

Back