• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fluid XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crazymilk

Thought i would run this past you guys as going to clean the loop but dont want this happening again.
My kit is TDX64 cpu block
NV78sli gpu block kit
d5 pump
single bay res
1/2 tubing
dual rad
Fluid xp
Water based yellow dye

I have posted some pixs of before and after for you to see
(the first one was when i first installed and the next 2 are what it is like now)

This has happened in 2 months so something is not right.The fluid seems to have stayed yellow but there is a build up of this orange stuff(the dye was this colour) on the tubing

i am using Fluidxp with a yellow water based dye and i can only think of 3 reasons why this would happen and i was wondering which youthink it could be

1) The dye has reacted with the Fluid XP, although on the fluid xp website it says you are able to mix in water based dyes.

2) There is some corrsion happening, but why would that happen and what could i do to stop it if this is the case

3) I didnt clean out the Rad before installing and this is crap that was in there.

Any other sugustions are welcome but dont know what else it could be.

i notice that fluid xp have launched a pre dyed fluid, i might try this?

Thanks

also just thought it might be some sort of algea(?) growth. I have not used any additive to stop growth but i didnt think i needed to with XP

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 58
My suggestion...

1. Flush it out, clean the rad and block.
2. See if there is any residue on the inside of the tubing, and if there is replace the tubing.
3. Never add dyes as they cause too much trouble.

I had the same problem with my system at one point. I was using purple ice as my additive and put a few drops of reactive water based dye. Within a week or two there was a coating of film all over my loop.

I took it apart cleaned the rad and the stuff on my block and replaced the tubing.

Dont use dyes, they just cause problems..

I dunno, seems to have ok reviews but I prefer using distilled water mixed witha little Purple Ice or Hydrx Extreme. Purple ice will give you a nice purple color and Hydrx green.

In anycase the first thing you need to do is clean out your loop thourougly, then replace the tubing just to be safe.

yep will do
Have just got some more tubing that i will replace and i will clead the rad with vinegar/water solution and clean the blockes outs.

fingers crossed
thanks

Back