• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memtest86 Error Message - Doesn't Look Good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
Something has failed in my system so I made some Memtest86 runs. My error messages are attached and it doesn't look good.

What is of more concern is that each stick was tested individually in all four slots and Memtest86 locked up every time. This error message only occurred twice from the 8 total tests. Otherwise there was no message at all except a lockup.

I know it's somewhat unusual to have both sticks fail at the same time and it has been suggested there may be another problem, either the MB of possibly my CPU. I am inclined to think on the same lines but I have no way to test them. I have already RMA's the Patriots back. They have been excellent RAM sticks to date and I have not OC them more than 1%. They ran mostly stock for more than 4 months. If the new ones fail again then that should be enough proof there is another problem.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back