• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP wont boot after fresh install. hangs at mup.sys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brandontw

hi.

I just got all the parts for my new compy, and went to install xp and it seemed to be fine, and got through the whole install. Then on its first automated restart, it doesnt boot all the way up. it just restarts before the windows loading screen and then next time it comes up with the windows boot options, i tried safe mode and it hangs an mup.sys

i tried reinstalling a few times with different windows disks as well, no luck... any ideas?

I just had a similiar problem yesterday. I wiped both hard drives using "Kill Disk", set up my RAID 0 array and loaded windows without a hitch. After windows was finished laoding I rebooted and it wouldnt boot. It kept saying that hal.dll failed to load an to load a copy from the system disc so I gave up and used a single disc setup again.

crap, after hours of head knocking i tried an old ata hard drive and it worked fine... new hdd time?

no logitech stuff at all, no usb stuff as a matter of fact, just the SATA hard drive i guess...

Back