• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core and SLi in Laptops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MustangX

Registered
My friend wanted me to post this for him since this website was not responding for him--

I am planning on purchasing a new gaming notebook for the schoolyear. However, I have found no manufacturers that let you choose both a dual-core processor and SLI in the notebook. It's always that you can choose a dual-core processor but don't have the option of SLI, or you can choose SLI but you are forced to choose a single-core processor. I blame this on lack of mobile motherboards that support both dual-core CPUs and SLI mobile GPUs. Does anyone know of any motherboard manufacturers that will be releasing a mobile botherboard that supports both dual-core processors (AMD or Intel) and SLI GPU's? If so, will it be soon or will I have to wait until after the schoolyear starts. Keep in mind I want extreme gaming performance with this notebook, if none of these motherboards are released soon, I will most likely purchase the Alienware MALX notebook, due to the fact that it has 2 7900GTX 512mb cards in SLI, a RAID 0 option, and a 19in. LCD screen, however, it still has a single-core AMD turion ml-44 CPU :(

Doesn't seem like anyone has any X2 turions and SLI video in a notebook yet.

I'd recommend you just go with a Core Duo and a Go 7900GTX 512 (or try to wait if you can and get a core 2 duo[Merom])

But if you're set on SLI, then you'll have to do single core.

Back