• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultra tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amd64power

Registered
just looking for advice on the above mention water rig its my first attempt so i have some questions am hoping some1 can help me with. firstly i have a lian li v2000 and am not wanting to cut or mod it so how would i mount the 120.2 rad??? i believe that the kit comes with a radbox that i can mount on the back but like i siad i dont want to do any cutting or such on it so would the tube be able to pass through the pci holes ??????. second if the above doesnt work would there be much difference if i went for a 120.1 rad and mounted it in the bottom front section. am running a amd 64 4000+ and in winter with the window open (yea i no) i can get it to 2.7 on air

thanks in advance

The rad box will allow you to mount the radiator externally off of the holes in the rear fan mounting holes. With the radiator mounted that way you'll have to drill holes somewhere to feed the tubing through because it's probably too big to fit through a PSI slot, not that you would want to do that anyways since it can often time cut the tubing.
And yes alternatively you could use a single 120.1, or two 120.1s (one in front and one in rear). If you go with 2 singles it may be cheaper to order the parts not in kit form from http://www.performance-pcs.com

The MCP655 pump and Apogee CPU block are great components - IDK about the radiator since I use heater cores.

Expansion slots are a little small for 1/2" ID tubing. You might get 3/8" through there but that's not the best tubing for a good WC system like that. If it were me I'd drill a pair of 3/4" holes in the plate next to the expansion slots ...

Back