• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PowerSupply

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
batboy said:
Hard to beat the OCZ Powerstream 520W for the price.
hmm maybe isnt it still like $139? i think it could be beaten by say the PCP&P 610silencer for $159.

its pretty much a good solid psu of 500+ watts will handle a oced conroe. now cf/sil i would say 550watts min if you are ocing the vid cards as well.

If your going CF just get the PC power and cooling scilencer, ether one of the top end ones on there site.

Single big ATI card
my top pick. (mkorpal linked the good deal on it :thup: )
Zeus ST56ZF 560W $115, its the PSU to beat for the $$$$ and no one is beating it right now.. 38 nominal and 45 peak 12V single rail amps :drool:
And the OEM is #2 on OW's list of best PSU manifactures. :eek: WOOT!! :attn:

Newegg is or was offering a rebate on the Powerstream, so you could get it for $110.

If you are on more of a budget, the ENERMAX EG465P-VE 460W puts out 33 amps on a single +12v rail. Think they go for about $70 to $80.

Last edited:
Ok ok there are others, didnt know about the rebate.
And the enermax is lower but not quite as low as I thought for that model.

Ok, I was drooling when I was looking at the PC Power and Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V. Suggested retail was only $159 and 49 amps on the +12v rail. Then I saw the Silencer 750 EPS12V (avalable August 1st) for only $40 more and 60 amps on the +12v rail... WOW! I know this is a bit out of range for the typical working stiff, but if you are pushing max O/C, this would do it.

Last edited:
PWatterson said:
What are the rest of your system specs?

Ditto. The CPU draw would be the least of my worries. :)

The Core 2 Duo is very energy efficient. I wish video cards would follow suit. Now that AMD may buy out ATI, lets hope ATI becomes a bit more energy efficient.

batboy said:
Ok, I was drooling when I was looking at the PC Power and Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V. Suggested retail was only $159 and 49 amps on the +12v rail. Then I saw the Silencer 750 EPS12V for only $40 more and 60 amps on the +12v rail... WOW! I know this is a bit out of range for the typical working stiff, but if you are pushing max O/C, this would do it.

Yes.. those would be the CF tamers :thup:

Super Nade said:
Ditto. The CPU draw would be the least of my worries. :)

The Core 2 Duo is very energy efficient. I wish video cards would follow suit. Now that AMD may buy out ATI, lets hope ATI becomes a bit more energy efficient.

Yeah. I do not want to buy another PSU $150+ PSU just so I can get some better video cards.:mad: They are just getting way too power hungry. :(

Back