• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ethernet card needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It has 2 built in LAN ports and one IDE.

Just out of curiosity...if you can't see the connectors on the board in the pics (much less read it in the description), why are you buying such a top-o-the-line board? Not trying to be an ***, just trying to see where you're coming from here.

cradivonyk said:

Just out of curiosity...if you can't see the connectors on the board in the pics (much less read it in the description), why are you buying such a top-o-the-line board? Not trying to be an ***, just trying to see where you're coming from here.

i wanted more expandablity (which is why i bought top of the line) and i was 95% sure the LAN was there but i wasn't 100% sure and that 5% really bugged me (my older computer has a PCI Ethernet card) as for the IDE i didn't see it
finally thank you for telling me

not so happy camper said:
Cons: THOSE WHO HAVE IDE HARD DRIVE DO NOT BUY THIS BOARD IT DOES NOT SUPPORT THEM!!! It may seem obvious but my main drive was still IDE and i missed such an obvious flaw just beware and dont fall into gre... More »
at features like i did.

cradivonyk said:

iam aggreeing with you, its the easiest thing to know, that all mobos now in days
have atleast 1 ethernet port. this motherboard has two.

It does only have one IDE connector, so it DOES support ide optical drives, only a max of two though; one master one slave. But now-a-days all harddrives are SATA and there are more and more SATA dvd and cd rom drives. No it wont be great if you already have a main IDE hdd, dvd, cd etc, but there is a converters if you really need it.

Back