• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A problem with FrozenCPU -- advice is welcome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iceage

A problem with FrozenCPU -- advice is welcome (problem resolved!)

I recently ordered 2 of the Sunbeam Silent Whisper HSFs from their website. They had a deal on them for $5 per and I bought 2 AMD K8 versions. Since the price on the HSFs was so good and I needed some AS5 and chipsinks, I bought those through them too. I received the AS5, chipsinks and one of the K8 HSFs, but the other HSF was a 775 model. I called FrozenCPU and the guy that answered told me to send an email to [email protected] and they'd take care of everything. That was 9 days ago (7/21) and I haven't heard a thing. I called again 5 days after the email (7/26) and after telling the guy who answered that I sent the rma email, the conversation led me to believe that he didn't care when this was resolved.

I'm going to send another email now but I'm looking for advice on how to get things rolling. I know people make mistakes, and the boxes for the K8 and 775 HSFs are almost identical, but I expect prompt communication for customer service issues. Am I overreacting? This is my first purchase with FrozenCPU in a long time.

Last edited:
Hmm, I hope there can be some resolve to these recent problems with FrozenCPU. Everyone here backs them up but I been seeing complaint after comaplaint lately it seems. Good luck, im sure SSS will chime in shortly.

thats a heatsink lots of people would want.
just sell it here.

I got one, and it was about 10C better then the stock intel one.
definatly a good little heatsink.

crimedog said:
it's one click off the main site to find the toll-free phone number

I did call twice, both times they seemed pretty busy (sounds in the background). First time the guy sounded concerned. Second time a different guy sounded like he couldn't care less.

However, I did receive an email yesterday from FCPU asking if this had been resolved. I answered no and am waiting for a reply back. I'm sure they'll make good in time.

I got an email from Jeff @ FCPU and he was willing to refund the cost of the missing K8 and let me keep the 775. Under the circumstances and taking into account that they have no more of these HSFs, I'd say this issue has been handled to my satisfaction. They'll get a good reseller rating from me. Thanks SSS for your assistance.

Back