• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ti83 md5 generator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-maddog-

I figured I could use a ti83 as a portable md5 generator, only problem I don't I don't know where to start.

Well knowing nothing about md5, I looked it up on wikipedia. Is it to translate text into an encrypted code or something?

What are you programming skills? Java? C/C++?

I think what you want you need to learn the Z80 assembler language for the Ti83/84 (they use the same Z80 just different speeds).

http://www.ticalc.org/programming/columns/

Also check out Detached Soultions. They are considered the largest and greatest programmers for the TI graphing calculators.

TI Basic would be next to worthless; it takes upwords of 8 seconds just to do a bubble sort on a 100 position long array. I can't imagine it being able to do an algorithm like that in a respectable amount of time.

Trombe said:
TI Basic would be next to worthless; it takes upwords of 8 seconds just to do a bubble sort on a 100 position long array. I can't imagine it being able to do an algorithm like that in a respectable amount of time.
Well, it certinaly dosen't help that bubble sort is O(n^2) ;)

The MD5 algorithm (assuming wikipedia has it right) looks simple enough, but is going to be slowed down immensly by the overhead of BASIC and the speed you can access memory (you do a "mini-MD5" for each 512-byte chunk of data).

JigPu

Back