• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hold onto your Wallets Conroelites!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/07/31/965_chipset_shipments/

This article contains information about the "Delayed Shipment of the G965" chipset. Apparently it contains C-2 stepping and is Direct-X 10 compliant.

It will apparently begin shipping mid august. So I ask you: Is it a blessing or a curse that I haven't been paid yet? (Ok, I'll grant you that depends on how you look at it... :) )

dx10 w00t..integrated graphics, meh. ;)..very good news though...damnit..stupid questions being raised everytime I think I've got my conroe system down.

the G965 is the same as the 965P the G has integrated graphics (bad for overclocking) the P (performance) is just that missing the integrated graphics..

I cant see a diff. in the NB they just use them on diffent designed boards.

well that's good..not a bad mobo for a workstation or something of that sort..hmm..

G965 may support DX10, but I have a feeling that it will have the performance of a golf cart.

Meh, I think I'll wait and save until at least September before I buy anything. I want to see how some of these newer chipsets/motherboards coming out are going to perform.

georgelogy said:
G965 may support DX10, but I have a feeling that it will have the performance of a golf cart.

Meh, I think I'll wait and save until at least September before I buy anything. I want to see how some of these newer chipsets/motherboards coming out are going to perform.

my thoughts exactly..... im thinkin late bday early christmas present from the parents... bday aug 21 :bday: ... christmas... well if i have to tell you that then ur an idiot or jewish, morman, islamic... BUT WHO DOESNT CELEBRATE :santa: CHRISTMAS!!!... i want to get rid of this old dog i have... a P4 3.0c is NOTHING by todays standards... but my 2.8c makes a DAMN NICE HTPC... :beer:

nd4spdbh2 said:
my thoughts exactly..... im thinkin late bday early christmas present from the parents... bday aug 21 :bday: ... christmas... well if i have to tell you that then ur an idiot or jewish, morman, islamic... BUT WHO DOESNT CELEBRATE :santa: CHRISTMAS!!!... i want to get rid of this old dog i have... a P4 3.0c is NOTHING by todays standards... but my 2.8c makes a DAMN NICE HTPC... :beer:

Your P4 3.0c > My Sempron 2600+ Socket A

Though I do have it overclocked to 2004.7 ghz... Just can't hit 200mhz FSB.

As for the G965, if I was an engineer at AMD/ATI or Intel/Nvidia I'd be trying to figure out a way that you can easily replace the graphics chip on a motherboard. Actual support platforms haven't really changed, it's only the individual GPUs that have changed. Granted they might lose a ton of money on those expensive video cards... but they would stand to gain a lot on the motherboards.

You will take a FSB performance hit just for the extra trace stress of having a onboard GFX component.. its just not really worth it for an OCer.

Back