• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remove Hardware MSG for HDD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crfracer290

Everytime I boot up my system I get the little tray icon that says "Safely Remove Hardware", and it is referring to my WD Raptor. Is this a driver issue or what, and if so what driver should I use.

Thanks

So what can I do to get rid of it, I dont know why but it annoys the crap out of me...lol. Is it because I switched the SATA port shortly after my Xp install.

right click on your taskbar and go properties. In the bottom right there will be a customize button click it. There you see all your taskbar icons in the bottom right, just set it to always hide and it's gone.

Start > Run > compmgmt.msc

Open Device Manager. Select Disk Drives. Select Raptor. Right click, Properties. Select Policies tab. Click the radio button for Optimize for performance and Enable write caching on the disk.

This will likely improve performance in addition to eliminating the Remove Device Safely icon.

Xaotic said:
Start > Run > compmgmt.msc

Open Device Manager. Select Disk Drives. Select Raptor. Right click, Properties. Select Policies tab. Click the radio button for Optimize for performance and Enable write caching on the disk.

This will likely improve performance in addition to eliminating the Remove Device Safely icon.

That will improve performance, but on my Raptor, the icon is still there even if you have it optimized for performance. I'd say just use the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties and hide it.

Back