• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

France: ConroeLess Wasteland...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
"As I walk into the shadows of the Rue de Charenton..."

...actual there weren't many shadows. And no Conroes.

I have it on good authority that NOBODY in the Rue Mongallet computer district (250+ shops) has the Conroe. This is somewhat surprising because the Rue Montgallet usually has evvvvvvverything. Most of the shops are straight out of Taiwan and run by Taiwaneese. Some of them are particularly shadey. Shadey enough to have massive quantities of every Gigabyte 965 and 975 motherboard that has even been mentioned but is not yet supposed to be released... but not quite shadey enough to have a single Conroe.

I only found one shop that had the P5W DH (granted I wasn't looking very hard). They said they were the first shop in France to have them. Looks like they had about three of them. They also had the DS3 and the DS4. I thought they were also the only shop to have these, but the next place I went to was Gigabyte HEAVEN.

OEMs are available from LDLC.com (with dubious 1 year warranties). But even the most boastful sites aren't boasting having any Conroes in site.

As a side note, all the shops are carrying all the boards pre-configured with the latest bioses. This isn't really the plae to get Intel-brand motherboards (must not be made in Taiwan), but they carried the latest revisions of the Gigabyte and Asus boards.

Tomorrow I hit the Rue Montgallet as well as the Rue Charenton and see what "the deal" is.

Why did I leave Chicago? Chicago's probably FLOODED with Conroes by now. Hell, I think Conroe is some Chicago suburb. We have MILLIONS of them! :p

None in AUS yet either.

dam tier 1 customers, oh well hopefully they will absorb all the first run batches and let us pick up the more refined ones.

^_^

Back