• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long before the game companies get greedy 1 year if lucky?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

Well my other thread about dx10 has made me really mad and upset considering games will be obsolete unless u get a dx10 card

What are your thoughts on when dx 10 games will start coming out? and what about current games? will they be upgraded to dx 10 too?

Yeh I wouldn't worry. Most direct x10 games should be able to play in direct x9 mode, otherwise they wouldn't sell. Crysis works in direct x9, it just looks a hell of a lot better in direct x10... So if you want all the eyecandy, you'll need a dx10 card, that's all. :)

In your thread did you miss the part where games are probably gonna be shipped DX9 and DX10 version? That means you can stick to DX9 for a while.

And I don't think it's the game companies...and even if it was greedy wouldn't be the right word (unless thier accepting bribes, endorsements from hardware companies to make the games so hard on the GFX card you need to upgrade).

It's Vista....I was really dissapointed to hear DX10 will be Vista only, I was planning on boycotting it because of all the HD crap, and not to mention vulnerabilities new versions of windows have :/

How long before they get greedy?!

Streamed ads in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland and SWAT 4 that I know about, static ads at least in loads of other games such as the NFS ones. Yet strangely no discount in price on these games...

Will be the same as dx9 was, and 8 before it, and 7, and blah blah. I remember when DX came out and everyone freaked out. "OH! NO! my voodoo won't like this"

**Edit did anyone else read that post?! Its been deleted now, but I feel violated.

Last edited:
yeah, company's won't be stuipd enough to release a DX10 only game for a while. as no one would be able to play it.

companys are ALREADY greedy. But that doesn't always mean their stupid. They know that if no one can play their new pretty game, no one will buy it. Thus no money for them.

Greedy doesn't mean stupid. It would be STUPID for them to release a DX10 only game anytime soon, Because they wouldn't make money...which is the opposite thing they want, since they are greedy.

Generally for company's, Greedy=Smart. If they are smart, they can make a TON of money ( look at blizzard, hell look at blizzed even before WoW came out! ). Which only ends up fueling the hunger for more money ( and fuels our hunger for games :D )

Gabbiani....this isn't your normal DX7-8, 8-9 upgrade, checkout his other thread (search for zatrix)

Halo 2 is supposed to be a directx 10 only game, so while many game manufacturers won't use exclusivity there will always be one or two that do so for whatever reason...

That's odd, wouldn't Halo2 easily run via direct x9? Is it just a way of MS enticing gamers to adopt Vista?

M$ is really taking this vista thing a little to far...Im sticking with XP Pro for a bit

i did not know about this DX10 and vista thing...how lame.

its very M$ of them, when an OS starts ruinnign well with out crashes they make another. dumb dumb dumb

They would have to create the game to use DX9 cause they know many people like the gamer will not have upgraded to VISTA yet. And some might not even upgrade at all they'll still be large market in the DX9 for a while after VISTA's launch I reckon.

I will be one of them for sure VISTA is gonna need some of my serious investment in order to get the goods out for it. 2GB memory or more and a RAID system for that extra performance boost and I want a really good G. Card for it I don't want to do what I did with this system I built buy a FX5200 then only manage to upgrade a 6200. Soon will change thou just waiting for my mate to upgrade his 754 AMD system and I'm getting his X800 256mb

Back