• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy a foamie pad for my pump.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winston856

Where can I buy a thick pad to put my pump on ?

I'm going to be watercooling a P180 and my pump is going where the top HDD cage is.

I think mcmaster.com has some foam pads for like $10 for a 12"x12"x1" thick sheet. Is that a good price?

I got a free foam sample and it made a HUGE difference on my Eheim 1250.

Gerbil said:
Find an old mouse pad and put in under your pump. It's cheap, available and effective.

Gerbil, your a genius! Your intellect amazes us again!

SiGfever said:
Yea it is the *****. I have it under my D5 @5 and there is no vibration. Plus the stuff just stays put. :beer:
Yeah, this stuff- whatever the heck it is- is remarkable.

I wonder if Petra's is pouring it themselves...the surface has the imprint of the plastic wrap it comes wrapped with and it's very raggedly cut.
If it were possible to get larger/custom sizes of this goo I can imagine lots of different applications....

clocker2 said:

I wonder if Petra's is pouring it themselves...the surface has the imprint of the plastic wrap it comes wrapped with and it's very raggedly cut.
If it were possible to get larger/custom sizes of this goo I can imagine lots of different applications....

probably clear silicone

SiGfever said:
Yea it is the *****. I have it under my D5 @5 and there is no vibration. Plus the stuff just stays put. :beer:

Ok, I just ordered some of this stuff for $3.99 + $8 shipping! It was over $12, sheesh.

I looks to be worth it though, even though it's only a 3"x3" square.

clocker2 said:

You can pick it up at McMaster, Sneaky bought some at mcmaster for Illuminati Unleashed.

Go to Orchard Supply Hardware and ask for "Rubber Sponge." This is a rubber like sheet sponge such as the kind you get when you buy Danger Den GPU blocks that have the slab of foaming that goes between the black plate and card. You can buy by sections as to how much you need, really cheap. If you need just a small piece they might even give it to you as they did for me. This is located in the department that sells hosing such as the kind for water cooling.

telexen said:
Can you put bolts through that stuff? Or is sticky on top and bottom at all? Doesn't look like it.

Could add some very easily...I think I may buy some of that stuff.
You don't need to, it just sticks. :)

SolidxSnake any idea what the item number is at McMaster, I tried searching for tpe or thermoplastic elastomer (what it is made out of) and only found tubbing, no blocks of it?

i use aerogel. pwns anything out there and its damn near invis.

aerogel_1.gif

thats it if anyone can find any let me know i want more i bought a block on ebay of it but cant find any more.

Back