• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700pro problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddy359

my old 9700pro in front room pc has started displaying blocks on boot up and the yellow vertical lines in windows 2000 and xp nothings changed - Ive tried it in all me pcs same thing - any ideas whats died on it ? or dying

where in the room is it? someplace with little airflow? Have you ran it with the cover off the pc to see if the fan is running? It sounds like heat and too much o/c'ing the card.

no overclocking and the fan is cleaned regularly the pc is on the floor by the door so plenty of airflow - but now its in the pc in the outhouse so very cool yet the same problem - i thinks its on its last legs :-(

caddy359 said:
my old 9700pro in front room pc has started displaying blocks on boot up and the yellow vertical lines in windows 2000 and xp nothings changed - Ive tried it in all me pcs same thing - any ideas whats died on it ? or dying

Try wabbling the video cable's connector connecting to your Video Card, normally a 9-pin Dsub, because poor electrical connections between it may cause the above mentioned video effects. Worth trying.

Like OCdragon said, it just sounds to me like it's not getting enough juice. Perhaps the connection on the card has gone bad, or your PSU just isn't beefy enough for it.

Oni said:
Like OCdragon said, it just sounds to me like it's not getting enough juice. Perhaps the connection on the card has gone bad, or your PSU just isn't beefy enough for it.

I would tend to say it is either: overheating in and around the video card, or poor electrical connections on the card connector/external video connector. PSU not giving enough power would tend to be far more drastic in that the whole PC may freeze or crash IF it happens.

Back